The Young of 2021 share your photos here

• Right looking grumpy faces! Hope they get themselves sorted before the long flight ahead of them.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I heard some rustling behind me....

and not long afterwards, decided to take the plunge and feed from the feeder about 1.5 mtrs away from me. I should have had my bribery pot with me....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to HAZY:

Such fabulous pictures Hazel! The last one is amazing, caption competition anyone? Seriously though, yes indeed, fingers crossed that they can fatten up quickly.
  • Thanks,  I think with the parents help they may be able to put on a little more weight,  the sunshine certainly helped the insect abundance although weather is changing to a bit of rain now :(  

down the hatch   !!! 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Hi Hazel,
    Splendid shots of meal time, well done.
    Trevor
  • In reply to HAZY:

Holy Moley, certainly making sure that that meal goes down the hatch!! Lovely to see them getting fed.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Did they manage 2 or more broods this year Hazy? It's one of the things I miss, not having a horse anymore - Swallows nested in the barn at the yard and he loved watching the fledglings

Cin J

• In reply to Germain:

Germain said:
    Did they manage 2 or more broods this year Hazy?

Not sure Caroline,  these were on the coastal path but maybe with the wet May weather they either bred late or managed a late 2nd brood.    The smaller one of the two really needs to put on a lot more weight if it is to make the long migration journey south of the Sahara so I hope it manages to fatten up a bit more;   shame today was dreadful weather on the Wirral coast with more rain on forecast so hope the sun returns to bring out all the insects.    

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Below is a selection of youngsters seen on days out at Minsmere and Hazelwood Marshes recently.

Dartford Warbler eying up the Blackberries.

A Common Tern I think.

Stonechats.

And a young Spoonbill flying over Hazelwood Marshes.

Best Wishes,

Trevor

• Fabulous additions Trevor, thanks :o)