The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• Welcome Kevin, from up in Caithness at the very top of Scotland. Hope you enjoy here, we are a friendly bunch although a little mad at times! Always help at hand so don't be shy to ask. Look forward to your posts. Enjoy. Hugging

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks CL...lucky you as it was rather overcast here today...been rain past few days and got soaked yesterday watching my son referee a football match (thats his 3rd hopefully soon a will just be the taxi driver! lol) Yes next week looks promising woohoo..got a new tall hut to paint (a security camera was errected looking right in my back door !) Lots of wee jobs to get down..I need a shower as a can still feel them pesky midges biting!!!! Enjoy your mini heatwave ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks everyone for the lovely photos and comments, and welcome, Kevin, from the Surrey/Hampshire border (although at the moment we are down in Dorset and visited RSPB Arne today). I'm with Gaynor--have yet to see Spotted Flycatcher of any age! And lucky you, Linda, to have baby Bullfinches!
    Today at Arne we met only one other person while exploring one of the paths which we had not been down before--saw the occasional Crow and Wood Pigeon, a couple of Stonechats, a female White Throat, lots of happy Long-tailed Tits feasting on the Birch trees, gorgeous shade under the Pines along part of the path, no one in the hide, and warm sun and lovely views of the heather-clad slopes on much of the heathland along other parts of the path. Not an enormous list of sightings, but it is the experience, not the list that matters! Wonderful and peaceful, even the "Wheep, wheep" bird which we never had any view of and no idea what it was. We are definitely not experts so does anyone have any suggestions please?

Kind regards, Ann

• WendyBartter said:
    Just come across this on Twitter

https://t.co/r8zhWJ7hwq

Looks a little busy like our back garden with the small birds, but not the fencing....

• It has four legs, and a prickly coat, and almost certainly a juvenile hedgehog, which I saw rummaging around at 22:30 last night.

Once I'd moved away, it didn't seem bothered by me nor the camera flash, food was too important...

• Good sized hedgie Mike, enjoying your garden. Fabulous photos Linda of all the youngsters visiting you, love the Bullfinches especially, Ann I can't think of the bird that "Wheeps" at you but glad you enjoyed your Arne trip :-)

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    Good sized hedgie Mike, enjoying your garden. Fabulous photos Linda of all the youngsters visiting you, love the Bullfinches especially, Ann I can't think of the bird that "Wheeps" at you but glad you enjoyed your Arne trip :-)

On behalf of the hoggie, thank you. LOL In a couple of months it will need to be up to adult size ready for the winter.

BTW Gaynor, Thurs 26th I'm off to the reserve at Conwy if you want to meet up.

• A young robin dunnock (as pointed out by Linda257) braving the rain

• Lovely pic but I believe your young robin is actually a Dunnock

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Linda. I'm just learning and clearly have a lot more to learn! I have seen adult dunnocks in the garden but didn't know what the young looked like.