The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• Well well, you live and learn as they say, I didn't know Ann that a wild rabbit could become a pet, so very surprised to read your lovely story. Sounds as if he lived a good life with you and even taken on holidays, wow.

Lot to learn

• Young Grey Wagtails from River Dove area,  Wolfscote Dale, Peak District.....      

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely photos Hazy, memories of the one (can't remember her name) you had visiting you for a while in your lovely garden.

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    memories of the one (can't remember her name) you had visiting you for a while in your lovely garden.

Wilma   !!      Still miss her to this day although I doubt she would still be around now,  came in the garden as a juvenile and in successive years she had broods,  4 offspring which she brought back in the garden with her one day !

Regards, Hazel 

• Do you know I was thinking "Wilma" and the more I thought the more I dismissed it!!!!!!!!! I remember you sat outside with a pot of mealies and birds all over you, including the "shy" wren, Dinky. I bet you miss that gorgeous garden and water feature.

Lot to learn

• Unknown said:

Young Grey Wagtails from River Dove area,  Wolfscote Dale, Peak District.....      

I guess no dippers...

Lovely photo though, dippers or not.

• A very sad mess myxomatosis, but an interesting story nonetheless.

The young here are growing up, fast, but many are still requiring mum and dad to feed them, or are they just being plain lazy and enjoying the attention.... Whatever, more garden photo opportunities on a rare sunny morning, before yet more cloud and showers....

When I see youngsters demanding food, I always think of the following image....

So here goes....

Poor old dad....

What were those words again?

"I'm hungry dad, really I am...."

Stuffed!

And finally, some dad time.....

• lovely photos and captions Mike, love the sparrows.

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely photos Mike, the sparrows have had a good season it seems, I have a few young around but they are all feeding alone now.

Lot to learn

• Talking about the young spadgers, I had one taken this morning by the male sprawk and then just when I was thinking the garden was still quiet I caught sight of the female sprawk at the top of the garden with a Greenfinch.   I know they have to feed but o'h it does pull the heart strings.

Lot to learn