The Young of 2021 share your photos here

• I think Jackdaws seem to have more patience feeding their hungry, begging offspring than the magpies do ! Lovely footage Wendy.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Young Oystercatcher, quite mobile on house roof but I never saw it in this viewable position again although parents were constantly flying to somewhere on the building.

Eating a small Ragworm.

Impatient Pied Wagtail

At last something to eat.

Fairly independent young Goldfinch.

Best Wishes,

Trevor

• A good selection of photos folks.

A juvenile goldfinch

and the same juv goldie, moved to the top right of the photo, after getting told off by a starling, which also looks a juvenile, unless I've got it wrong, please correct me.

and the juv starling taking pride of place....

A juvenile robin (it's maturing, the red breast is stating to become prevalent) on the sunflower seeds....

Another poser on the tripod, which has one of the trailcams on...

finally, a juvenile house sparrow on the fat balls

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• A juvenile blackbird waiting for the mealworms to appear for breakie this morning.....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• A spot of early morning urban/back garden birding yesterday (Sunday 18th), and a few just catching the early morning light.

A juvenile startling on a roof

A juvenile blackbird on our roof

And finally, a juvenile house sparrow on our roof, it flew on once the juvenile blackbird flew off...

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I forgot one wee cutie, from the early afternoon, a juvenile robin on the feeder....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Lovely to see the youngsters Mike, looks good for the future.

Lot to learn

• A recent trip to Burton Mere

A juvenile black headed gull

A juvenile great white egret coming in to Centenary Pool

Mummy Mallard and youngsters....

A juvenile moorhen on the Woodland Pool

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I'm really sorry, i was way too slow to catch more than a wink and a tail feather from these little Goldcrest today, even more shameful they first sprang up at arms length. I'm just happy to report one family is up and running, and they are so tiny!

At my nearby Wandlebury.