The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• Glad you got the 2021 thread going!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Wonderful!

I caught this little troop of Greylag goslings wading into the unknown...that felt suitably 2021!

• I had this beautiful young greenfinch at the same church in Cromer that hosts the peregrine pair:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Young House Sparrow at Dunbar Harbour today.

My bird photos HERE

• You're all welcome, and as Robbo said, timely.

• No photos but we were out on the moors yesterday and had great views of Lapwing, Curlew and Oystercatcher chicks. We met a local gamekeeper who said on his moor the Red Grouse and Golden Plover were late in hatching and the hen birds were still sitting tight as the weather had turned worse. Its's a great time of year to be out and about with young birds showing up all over.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Our blackbirds have two well grown chicks who come for mealworms opposite my kitchen window-pics through glass so not good. The chicks are well able to feed themselves but still beg to Dad. So far I haven't been able to catch the two chicks together One pic is of Dad feeding, oddly I haven't seen Mrs BB since chicks fledged.

isn't wild wonderful

• Our blackbirds have two well grown chicks who come for mealworms opposite my kitchen window-pics through glass so not good. The chicks are well able to feed themselves but still beg to Dad. So far I haven't been able to catch the two chicks together One pic is of Dad feeding, oddly I haven't seen Mrs BB since chicks fledged.

isn't wild wonderful

• Hi everyone! New here and also just got into Birding in January - always loved nature though. Loving all these lovely pics from 2021 offsprings; unfortunately I’ve not had any luck with taking even half decent pics of the birds, but I am over the moon to be able to say we’ve had some blue tit chicks hatch the other day, both parents extremely busy flitting in and out constantly - a joy to watch!

I feel particularly lucky as it’s the first time I’ve ever put up a nest box, just before March this year.
    Hopefully at least a few of the chicks will actually make it, since the spring hasn’t been that great. It seems I can’t refill the soaked mealworms quick enough atm lol.

We’ve also had 1 robin Fledgling this year and 3 Blackbird Fledglings, that are now already a few weeks older and their flight and tail feathers growing by the day.

It’s just pure bliss being able to observe them from our kitchen window and learning something new everyday.