The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

Parents
  • Hi everyone! New here and also just got into Birding in January - always loved nature though. Loving all these lovely pics from 2021 offsprings; unfortunately I’ve not had any luck with taking even half decent pics of the birds, but I am over the moon to be able to say we’ve had some blue tit chicks hatch the other day, both parents extremely busy flitting in and out constantly - a joy to watch!

I feel particularly lucky as it’s the first time I’ve ever put up a nest box, just before March this year.
    Hopefully at least a few of the chicks will actually make it, since the spring hasn’t been that great. It seems I can’t refill the soaked mealworms quick enough atm lol.

We’ve also had 1 robin Fledgling this year and 3 Blackbird Fledglings, that are now already a few weeks older and their flight and tail feathers growing by the day.

It’s just pure bliss being able to observe them from our kitchen window and learning something new everyday.
  • Hi everyone! New here and also just got into Birding in January - always loved nature though. Loving all these lovely pics from 2021 offsprings; unfortunately I’ve not had any luck with taking even half decent pics of the birds, but I am over the moon to be able to say we’ve had some blue tit chicks hatch the other day, both parents extremely busy flitting in and out constantly - a joy to watch!

I feel particularly lucky as it’s the first time I’ve ever put up a nest box, just before March this year.
    Hopefully at least a few of the chicks will actually make it, since the spring hasn’t been that great. It seems I can’t refill the soaked mealworms quick enough atm lol.

We’ve also had 1 robin Fledgling this year and 3 Blackbird Fledglings, that are now already a few weeks older and their flight and tail feathers growing by the day.

It’s just pure bliss being able to observe them from our kitchen window and learning something new everyday.
Children
  • Hello and welcome to the forum Flynn, and bird watching, and nature watching, because insects also play a big part in bird life.

Fingers crossed for the chicks, and don't worry too much about getting photos, that'll come when the time is right.

It can be enjoyable kitchen window observing, just make sure that nothing is cooking/boiling while you're enjoying bird watching, new pans etc can get a little costly after a short while!

I had the task of cleaning a pan when Mrs PR had burned the chilliconcarne!

Dinner was salvageable, the pan, well, it had my magic touch and is still in service and looking good, so good, I now get all the dirty pans to clean....  Confused

Enjoy and keep us posted. Thumbsup

• My 2021 update; SUCCESSFUL!! I’ve just come back in from the garden to report that at least 1 of the Blue Tit chicks has FLEDGED! and from what I can hear there’s at least one very loud one still in the box.

The Fledgling is a nice big size and is being fed caterpillars, sitting on the branches near it’s box, with its sibling(s) still being tended to as well.

After so many reports of unsuccessful efforts by many garden birds this season, I am grinning from ear to ear and feeling proud of “my” little brood.

Also have a flock of house sparrows visiting the feeders everyday now since 2 weeks, and the black bird fledglings from around Easter are getting bigger and darker by the day.
    Last week there was a Blackcap in out tree and the Greenfinches grab a quick breakfast before the Sparrows elbow them out of the way.

They have cost me a small fortune in feed and mealworms, but definitely worth it!

P.S; thanks everyone for welcoming me, I’m only sorry that I don’t have any great pictures atm, hopefully that will change soon!