Odds & Sods 2021

• In reply to HAZY:

Brilliant video Hazel, and a brilliant day.

As for (Cheeky) Cyril, I think he sneaked aboard my car, as there were two prior to my setting off in the morning, and only one at a time is seen on the garden trail cams (invariably chasing each other around the garden, up and down the trees) at the moment!

That certainly was an interesting mix of birds on those power lines towards the end of the day, including the female linnet.

Thank you for a brilliant day, both you and Mike. 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Germain:

I can remember how I felt on seeing my first choughs a couple of years ago.

Lovely photos, where were the choughs?

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Good to get little and large like that Hazy, I have seen one Comma so far but it wouldn't open it's wings for me, Sue got fed up waiting!!! Some fabulous shots of the Martins and Swallows, and lovely video too.
    Just noticed the moon tonight looking pretty good hanging there in the clear sky, not quite full.

Lot to learn

• Hazel (and Mike) and Mike/Peak Rambler, Great that you were able to meet up and at Burton Mere as well. Lovely place and lovely photos, too, Hazel--thanks. Love all the pics and especially the Swallow shots; and how amazing that you could understand what they were saying--lol!--hidden talents, there! Glad to see you are back on form, Hazel!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• A few from the week. A young red deer fawn up on the moors. pipit, young stonechat and a bull that guards the field up tot he moors. Well not so much guards it as you pass right by him in the field and he seldom can be bothered to stand up.

• A couple of odds and sods to add to this years collection.

Goldfinches on the feeders

and a blue tit

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I'd forgotten, this buzzard from earlier today.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Why struggle on a perch when you can just stand on the squirrel baffle. Unfortunately the woodies are learning the same trick.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• In reply to tony:

Tony T said:

Why struggle on a perch when you can just stand on the squirrel baffle. Unfortunately the woodies are learning the same trick.

Clean the baffle and observe the difference.

Our wood pigeons try, and keep sliding off, same with the squirrels, though one has mastered wrapping one leg around the centre pole. As yet, it can't quite change position without sliding off, spectacularly.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Mike, I'm too lazy to clean it, I hope the rain will give it a wash. It has certainly baffled the squirrel though and its given up for now.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/