Odds & Sods 2021

• In reply to Mike B:

I left one out, my guess, a juvenile herring gull, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• A couple yesterday on the ferns, a plump wild rabbit and a rather scary little owl.. Not sure about the ID for the second bird on the ferns, loads of meadow pipits around but not sure.

• Lovely set, Bob. The bird on the Ferns looks like a young Reed Bunting.

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

Thanks Paul. I saw a few adults so it makes sense.
  • A spot of early morning urban/back garden birding yesterday (Sunday 18th), and a few just catching the early morning light, and a dunnock catches the early morning light on a neighbouring leylandii.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Choughed with these

Over 23 of the beauties showing off their flying skills 

It really lifts the spirits watching them play on the breeze and then drop down for a quick feed in their little family groups to then all swirl up raging into the air 

Cin J

• Wonderful sight up there in the blue sky happily playing.

Lot to learn

• A few from Burton Mere Wetlands yesterday when we met up with Mike (Peak Rambler) ;  was great to finally meet up Mike and thanks for joining us for a lovely day. 

Not many photos so will add them here -   have also put the photo sequence of House Martins up at the end.  ......

Gatekeeper butterfly ....

I think Mike brought this one from his garden trying to rehome it at Burton Mere    LOL 

Comma butterfly 

Black-tailed Skimmer dragonfly

Goldfinch 

Greylag group

Little & Large  Egrets