Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

• What a mouth!!!!!! Sticking out it's tongue too :-)
  • Paul A said:

Open wide ... say ahh ....

Lovely photo.Thumbsup

Two things came to mind with the photo and quote

Baron Knights: "A Taste Of Aggro" (part of the song,
    https://youtu.be/GBiW3LLDTvw

Aahhhhh....
    (Open wider please)
    Aahhhhhhhhh....
    (A little wider)
    Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh....
    (This won't hurt)
    AAAHHHarghhhhhh...
    (Much)

And

Good old Tommy Steele What A Mouth

• Not enough for a thread so will add todays pics from LM here;   very dull this morning but some nice sightings through binoculars

felt like winter this morning with frozen fingers after 3 hours in the salt marsh hide from 6.40am   !         Most birds were very distant so record shots only for most .......

3 Great Egret

4 Spoonbill - here are three of them      (they were a fair distance out so heavily cropped shot)

Male Marsh Harrier this afternoon

female Marsh Harrier

Pied Wagtail

• Dedication (6.40a.m. !!) has given you lovely pics Hazy, all the long legged birds out and posing beautifully. Good to see the Marsh Harriers too, you did well despite your cold fingers:-)
  • A cold, grey day perhaps, but not so with the photos, all brilliant captures.

I was reminded by a fellow hill walker a couple of days back about a walk across Axe Edge Moor, ending up in the Cat & Fiddle pub, where a traditional post walk drink (jusut the one, then we all went home) was undertaken.

It also served as his stag do, he opted out of the traditional stag night, being ex-army and a character, didn't fancy what might become of him.

Back to the point, 23rd June 2013, was a cold, and wet, day too!

Yes, you read right, 5.3ºC!

And we were wearing gloves!

• Cold here today and wet........

Haven't seen one for ages, poor little thing, it stayed in for about 10 mins before something disturbed it, had a little food from the sunflower feeder, hopefully enough to help in this weather.

Bless

• Lovely Red sqiggle Gaynor ... just stopped raining here but will be back Sunday afternoon! Grrrrr
  • @ Mike,  that certainly was a cold day back in 2013 and we know the area around Cat & Fiddle as we always pass it to get to Hartington and River Dove walk.      

@ Gaynor,   great to see the red squirrel, they really are beautiful and hope their numbers increase and introduce more  around different areas of the country.  

@ Ann,  it was great to see you and Mr GB at Leighton Moss and thanks for making the effort to travel so far north before your Welsh adventure and guess you also got delayed on the wretched M6 today as we all headed southwards.    Took us an extra 40 mins to get home but would be worse for you joining M56 onwards and a long journey.    

As promised I did find the record pic I took of the Gull you wanted to see so here it is .............

• Local brown hare today, suddenly dawned I was watching.