The Fox That Came For Afternoon Tea

It was a bright but chilly day today and I needed some fresh air  so  went out and raked up some leaves...harder work than last year or just me getting older lol...Took a break about 1.30 and decided to have lunch in the garden, hot cuppa ,sandwich and camera (just incase the Kestral popped by). It was nice sitting there eating and watch the birdies coming and going then all of a sudden I could hear lots of noise behind the summerhouse then out pops......

I see you and you see me...I thought it would have turned and scarpered but no..I think it could smell my bacon sandwich...no chance was I sharing!

Then it comes out from behind the net and Omg the poor thing was limping terribly....

I didnt dare move and it didnt seem bothered by me sitting there

scent marking everything in its way

It even came closer as I was snapping away

And over a pile of leaves

Poor thing spent a few minutes drinking from the pond

Then  it hobbled off again

And then I  ate my freezing cold sandwich ... 

Poor foxy..Hushed.a will leave a wee treat out for it tonight  

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• What a beauty and super photos Linda; you should have given it a rake and asked it to help lol Hopefully the injured leg will heal up but I'm sure it will appreciate a treat this evening. Once again, wonderful photos of this gorgeous fox, think you have a confiding animal there, probably wondering why it didn't get any of your sandwich !

Regards, Hazel 

• Linda257 said:
    .I think it coukd smell my bacon sandwich...no chance was I sharing!

What, you didn't share your bacon sarnie - how could you not .!!! Grin

What a great encounter. He/she looks healthy apart from the limp. Cracking set of photos. I'm sure it will appreciate some food you put out tonight.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Hazel...lol...am just glad it jumped over the pile of leaves and never stopped to to scent mark them ...Maybe it popped by to say thanks for last nights chicken Wink

• Oh come on Tony I only had 2 wee tiny slices of bacon ...would you seriously shareHushed If I had 3 then I would have Joy

• Aw poor Fox, looks like it's front right leg is the problem. Must have been thirsty. Hope you enjoyed the cold back sannie!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Yeah it was unable to put that front paw down Catlady....am sure it will enjoy its chicken tonight....Wink

• What a treat to have a fox coming into your garden in daylight and being able to sit there and take those photos Linda, I'd still be grinning now. I bet it will return if you put out chicken tonight, will your camera be up and working just in case?

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor, I have seen it a few times through the window in the morning but never sat out with it! I havent put the camera out for a while but I shall...who knows what else it may pick up!!! Hushed