"Spudgies" family album

Ok, so I'm a bit taken with the sight of House Sparrows at the moment but remember they are new birds to me as we never saw any in 9 years at our old place so the camera has been working overtime since the youngsters arrived  !      

Here's a candidate for most beautiful Baby 2020 !      ............. doing its best impression of a Wren 

and the mother's having a parents meeting  ! 

how cute is this lQQk      lol 

siblings ......

• Yet more brilliant captures, including the not-so-good ones, which are still clear. As for the handbags-at-dawn, it just goes to show how nature is, and thankfully more often than not, the damage is very limited, except obviously when hunting for food.

• More House Sparrow action from this afternoon ………    seems we have another new batch of "sparrowfruit"  !

3 of the amigos ….

why does this young sparrow's head remind me of a Kestrel  !!  ?     think it is the way it is focusing on the live mealworm prey  !

enjoying some mixed "robin blend" seed mix with dried mealworms, sunflower hearts, etc.....   looks like it went down well.

Juvenile with Dad 

testing out the comfort of the garden loungers    !!      wish they wouldn't leave little presents though   !

One of the Mrs Spudgies 

Mr Spudgie who was having a bit of a strop with other sparrows !

Told ya   !!!  ..........

another male Spudgie 

this is the little lady who often lands on the door handle and yo-yo's up and down the window begging for mealies    lol 

seems they can't wait to start the 3rd brood  !! 

• They have got you hooked Hazy, smashing photos, this weather has suited all the birds I think.
  • Thanks Gaynor, they certainly have grabbed my attention as I really missed not having House Sparrows at the old place although oddly enough we did get a tree sparrow occasionally ! Have to make the most of them as 9 days and counting till I have to say goodbye to them.
  • They've got me hooked as well, brilliant photos.

We have a group of juvenile sparrows frequenting the feeders, so hopefully I'll get a piccie or two and drop them in the Young of 2020 thread.