"Spudgies" family album

Ok, so I'm a bit taken with the sight of House Sparrows at the moment but remember they are new birds to me as we never saw any in 9 years at our old place so the camera has been working overtime since the youngsters arrived  !      

Here's a candidate for most beautiful Baby 2020 !      ............. doing its best impression of a Wren 

and the mother's having a parents meeting  ! 

how cute is this lQQk      lol 

siblings ......

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Cute little babies, glad you are enjoying your new found Sparrows.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Beautiful photos of the little ones. There's a good population at the entrance to the park I go to but I've not seen any youngsters there yet.

Nige   Flickr

• Lovely to see the Spadgers. Now you know why I took so many pictures of the fledglings. I saw a couple today, although I first heard them a day or so back. I'll put the pics on the 'Young of 2020' thread rather than hijacking your family album.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• All spadgers welcome here Paul ! I've just seen your pics, lovely to see more spudgies.

Regards, Hazel 

• What a lovely family album Hazel .....babies are so so cute

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Lovely pics of such cuties Hazel, although not my favourite bird due to issues with House Martins nests. We've yet to see any fledgling here but its obvious our Blackies, Starlings and Robins are feeding young. I'd love to see a Tree Sparrow though.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• Lovely photos and a nice family album to share.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• More House Sparrow photos from today;   I've not been on any walks recently so you'll have to make do with courtyard birds !

It seems that male House Sparrows posture just like robins do   !!

the cute lQQk    ..........

not the best pic but this is the female feeding the youngster who has its back to the camera.

Regards, Hazel 

• The posturing male pics are particularly good!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to HAZY:

As Nige said Hazel, the posturing pics are great, never noticed that before. I caught some views of the sparra's in their box on our garage today including juvs which are our first fledgling sightings this year.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/