The Young of 2020

I usually start this thread by cheating and having a pic of a baby Feral Pigeon that I have rescued. Not this year. Today, the first of the Little, Little HTR's arrived in the garden, right on schedule. It is currently in the flowering currant. Little HTR has been taking dozens of waxies to the nest and this morning I noticed him going via the flowering currant. I just had a little look and saw a fledgling in there.

• Brilliant photos folks, and Tony, it looks like no one told the starling family, never take rowdy youngsters out for a meal, unless it's McDonald's, they always seem to have rowdy kids in there, on the very few occasions I go in one....

• Thank goodness for flaking paint.............!!

• Tony T said:
    Thank goodness for flaking paint.............!!

LOL Tony  !      that BT's just about clinging on.        

We saw our first baby blue in the courtyard this morning ....       all pics taken through a dirty rain soaked glass front door on a very rainy, gloomy  morning  !!  

eyeing up the live mealie breakfast ................    although I'm going to have to ease the food right down now in the lead up to leaving :(

One of the young Great Tits who are starting to follow the adults for food .....

Amazon prime express delivery ......  !!

.It only got one of the two mealies   ! 

Nom... nom.... nom ......

and I nearly forgot this rather endearing photo of Momma Spudgie with little Sparra-fruit   !!     taken yesterday.

Awwwwww,   bless  ! 

• Rebecca lovely pics of the baby Goldfinch, haven't seen any here yet.
    Hazy your pics of the youngsters taking on mealies is just lovely, they all seem to be feeding well with this cold wind and rain too. Love the Prime Express Delivery! lol
  • As luck would have it the rain stopped and later this afternoon I happened to spot a young sapling ............

a baby Tree Sparrow   LOL    probably one of the two I saw last week.     So are you ready for cuteness at its most endearing ?   !    

its been watching the spudgies and so decided to test out the comfort of the sun loungers just like the cousins do   !! 

just so you can compare juvenile House Sparrow (left)  and juvenile Tree Sparrow with cheek smudge on the right  !!    

• Fabulous shot of the two of them having a natter, and sunbathing on the sun lounger is a definite awwww.
  • Two firsts today, I was making coffee and looked out of the front kitchen window to see a juvenile Song Thrush which is a first for our garden. Not only that but it was doing what ST are supposed to do to eat. Smacking the what nots out of a snail, we haven't witnessed that activity in so many years. There were two juveniles but didn't show together.

Once out of the shell it pummelled the body on the earth and then it was gone.

• Lovely clear photos Hazel.