The Young of 2020

I usually start this thread by cheating and having a pic of a baby Feral Pigeon that I have rescued. Not this year. Today, the first of the Little, Little HTR's arrived in the garden, right on schedule. It is currently in the flowering currant. Little HTR has been taking dozens of waxies to the nest and this morning I noticed him going via the flowering currant. I just had a little look and saw a fledgling in there.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• I've still yet to see any young!

I'm assuming there are some around here!

• Starling Air arrivals today ……………………..    

Regards, Hazel 

• Guess whos hiding?...

Surprise!!!....my latest addition...

I bet it was saying its so nice to get a bit of piece and quiet and not a starling insight!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

•  Just a few from yesterday, wondering whether to jump in for a bath or not.

Go on I dare you

They opted for the wet grass, but it shouldn't be long before they partake of the proper thing.

Lot to learn

• Lol...you could almost hear the conversation!! :o)
  • Awww,  what beautiful photos Gaynor

PimperneBloke said:
    Lol...you could almost hear the conversation!! :o)

Lol PB,   you picture that little group perfectly wondering what trouble they can cause next   !! 

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks all, yes they made me laugh as I watched them, they kept edging along the side of the dish and then back to other side of line, must have been about five youngsters there and Dad now and again. Good to see.

Lot to learn

• Good luck on the 12th Hazy (did I read you are moving then?) will be thinking of you.

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    Good luck on the 12th Hazy (did I read you are moving then?) will be thinking of you.

Thanks Gaynor,    yes three weeks today we'll be vacating the rental in the countryside that we've been in since last July   !!  where does the time go ?      Most of our household items and furniture are still in long term store so we won't be receiving those until we have those elusive carpets fitted  !    Who would think something as simple as carpets could delay the chain of moving events   lol     It's like a chain link that has one piece broken in the middle so we can't move forward so to speak.     However,  the apartment is habitable enough to live in and we can get the necessary like lights,  window blinds, etc,  fitted once companies are fully back to work.   We have water, light, power, INTERNET !  and appliances all installed so we'll survive in the short term   lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• Funny, I can tell by your words that you are pretty keen to get there!!!!!!!!!!

A couple more of the Spadgers today....

This is the latest hatch by the look of them

Altogether   Awwwwwwwww!!

How can you not take their photos?

One seems to be more on the ball, maybe spotted me through the window.

These are "the inseparables"  

Joined at the hip:-)

Fun to watch

Lot to learn