Mainly Mammals 2020

I can't find any others for this year, so have started this with a funny one. We have moles taking over our garden, notably our lawn, so each day Ron goes out & levels the mole-hills & knocks them down. Yesterday we went out & found this, quite small but perfectly formed! LOL

We couldn't decide if it was a one-finger salute or a new recruit to the Close Encounters fan club.

Here is a link to last years thread https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/200154/mainly-mammals-2019/1285660#pifragment-4285=1

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

•  At last........Hare in field back of daughter's home.

I was on the same path but he decided to do a runner

then five mins later

He just can't resist this area and I managed a number of pics before he decided to head off once more

What a beaut.    There were two of them a few months ago but no babies have been seen, this is first time I have had the opportunity to get a photo so pretty chuffed.

Lot to learn

• Wonderful find and pics Gaynor, well done.

Regards, Hazel 

• James G said:

Had a close encounter with a Stoat the other day, sadly I had the lens on the wrong camera, I had to take the shot or I might have missed the chance so when it go closer I managed to get two pictures of it one when it heard the shutter and one when it legged it, so here are my first ever pictures of a Stoat.

What a fabulous capture Jim, and such a splendid looking animal as well.

• gaynorsl said:

At last........Hare in field back of daughter's home.

I was on the same path but he decided to do a runner

then five mins later

He just can't resist this area and I managed a number of pics before he decided to head off once more

What a beaut.    There were two of them a few months ago but no babies have been seen, this is first time I have had the opportunity to get a photo so pretty chuffed.

What a beauty Gaynor, and good that you managed to see them again.

• Lovely pics Gaynor...well done you!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Smashing shots Gaynor, never manage to get close enough to hares around home to get really good shots.
  • Fantastic Mr/Mrs Fox ! Great captures Alan, what a beautiful animal.

Regards, Hazel 

• Was a nice sighting Alan, I remember in our last garden the corvids making a right racket only to turn around and see the fox strolling through. Corvids seem to take exception to everything lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely shots of the fox, Alan. Mr GB saw 2 in our back garden a few days ago in the early morning. We have seen individual foxes fairly regularly in the18 months we've lived here and all through the lockdown; I hope they bring their next litter to visit us as well. One evening just after dark I watched a fox standing at the end of the drive and attempting to cross the road. Every time a car approached it backed up into our sheltered driveway, but afterwards crept out again toward the road. I was happy it was so cautious, not wanting to find a run-over fox one morning! There is nowhere in our garden for them to have a den, but our garden seems to be part of their regular travels. They have also been helping the Crows, Woodpigeons, Blackbirds, Dunnocks and Robins tidy up under our birdfeeders.

Kind regards, Ann

• Very nice sighting, Alan. I think foxes in the countryside look much healthier that the ones we sometimes see in urban settings.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream