Mainly Mammals 2020

I can't find any others for this year, so have started this with a funny one. We have moles taking over our garden, notably our lawn, so each day Ron goes out & levels the mole-hills & knocks them down. Yesterday we went out & found this, quite small but perfectly formed! LOL

We couldn't decide if it was a one-finger salute or a new recruit to the Close Encounters fan club.

Here is a link to last years thread https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/200154/mainly-mammals-2019/1285660#pifragment-4285=1

•  At last........Hare in field back of daughter's home.

I was on the same path but he decided to do a runner

then five mins later

He just can't resist this area and I managed a number of pics before he decided to head off once more

What a beaut.    There were two of them a few months ago but no babies have been seen, this is first time I have had the opportunity to get a photo so pretty chuffed.

• Wonderful find and pics Gaynor, well done.
  • James G said:

Had a close encounter with a Stoat the other day, sadly I had the lens on the wrong camera, I had to take the shot or I might have missed the chance so when it go closer I managed to get two pictures of it one when it heard the shutter and one when it legged it, so here are my first ever pictures of a Stoat.

What a fabulous capture Jim, and such a splendid looking animal as well.

• gaynorsl said:

At last........Hare in field back of daughter's home.

I was on the same path but he decided to do a runner

then five mins later

He just can't resist this area and I managed a number of pics before he decided to head off once more

What a beaut.    There were two of them a few months ago but no babies have been seen, this is first time I have had the opportunity to get a photo so pretty chuffed.

What a beauty Gaynor, and good that you managed to see them again.

• Lovely pics Gaynor...well done you!
  • Smashing shots Gaynor, never manage to get close enough to hares around home to get really good shots.
  • Fantastic Mr/Mrs Fox ! Great captures Alan, what a beautiful animal.
  • Was a nice sighting Alan, I remember in our last garden the corvids making a right racket only to turn around and see the fox strolling through. Corvids seem to take exception to everything lol
  • Lovely shots of the fox, Alan. Mr GB saw 2 in our back garden a few days ago in the early morning. We have seen individual foxes fairly regularly in the18 months we've lived here and all through the lockdown; I hope they bring their next litter to visit us as well. One evening just after dark I watched a fox standing at the end of the drive and attempting to cross the road. Every time a car approached it backed up into our sheltered driveway, but afterwards crept out again toward the road. I was happy it was so cautious, not wanting to find a run-over fox one morning! There is nowhere in our garden for them to have a den, but our garden seems to be part of their regular travels. They have also been helping the Crows, Woodpigeons, Blackbirds, Dunnocks and Robins tidy up under our birdfeeders.
  • Very nice sighting, Alan. I think foxes in the countryside look much healthier that the ones we sometimes see in urban settings.