In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• That was a lovely present to get Linda, lovely photos. Love the quality and the birds in them! Hope you had something nice to warm you up, maybe a bit early for mulled wine!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks CL, yes it was...och never to early for mulled wine or any wine lol

• So long as the lollipops are happy, that's all that matters to me....

Seriously, catching up, well, trying to catch up, I see you've a new camera, and it seems to be doing the job well, with of course the perfect direction from yourself.

Just being nosey, what have you camera changed to?

• Lollipops are tweeting away happily Mike..several visits a day when the Chaffia give them a chance!!

Well am just back from my first outing in a very long time and the camera may not have much to show for what I saw but my memory has. Couple of 1st to add to the sighting book woohoo. will upload all later.

It was the Nikon P950 I was gifted with Mike.

• Linda257 said:
    Lollipops are tweeting away happily Mike..several visits a day when the Chaffia give them a chance!!

Well am just back from my first outing in a very long time and the camera may not have much to show for what I saw but my memory has. Couple of 1st to add to the sighting book woohoo. will upload all later.

It was the Nikon P950 I was gifted with Mike.

Its interesting watching how the birds all squeeze their time to feed, and in their own way, give way to others, and then, there's those that like to bully their way in......

Good on the Nikon P950, a brand you can't go wrong with, like Canon and Sony among many others, and being a bridge camera, no messing around with lens changing....

• Its certainly keeping me busy as the garden is constantly busy the now

Och am bad enough with the basic camera without lens changesHushed
    Need to work out shutter speed as finding it difficult to capture birds in flight...easier to switch back to my Canon powershot for that though

• Looking forward to the next set of photos Linda. Looks like you, me and all out other Scottish forum friends are under yet more restrictions, Level 4 now for all of Scotland! Never mind I am sure the light is there somewhere at the end of that tunnel, even although it seems to be back being dimmer at the moment!!

Take care and keep safe.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Aw thanks CL
    Yep but guess its really just much the same for me as been in high level for so long now! But we will get through it eventally. Just gotta stay positive and plod along for now.

• Keep on keeping on, everyone, as some used to say in olden times (the 60s--lol!). Even if it takes several months for everyone at risk to have a Vaccine injection, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Kind regards, Ann

• Linda257 said:
    Its certainly keeping me busy as the garden is constantly busy the now

Och am bad enough with the basic camera without lens changes
    Need to work out shutter speed as finding it difficult to capture birds in flight...easier to switch back to my Canon powershot for that though

Probably the best shutter speed to use would be around 1/2000 sec, and "Auto" ISO, after setting the camera to "P" mode, which is similar to the Canon.