In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Nice pics Linda, especially good to see the lollipops, they have only visited once here worse luck. Your twisted willow looks good in that position, handy for the birds to perch in while they look around.

Lot to learn

• Thanks CL...Am down to 2 wee cute lollipops!!! wonder where the rest of the gang has disappeared to!..
    LOL...Its so nice to get the washing out in the fresh air again

• Thanks ILR...back to grey skies today again....even most frost due thks week ahhh!!!

• Thanks Gaynor, Had perfect little space infront of the willow for the wee solar fountain as the sun is there most of the day..great for taking pics as the birds love it

• Lovely additions, especially the Dunnocks sitting up in the tree and the Goldie perched on the feeder

Nige   Flickr

• Cheers Nige...slowly learning about light and shade lol

• Another fabulous selection Linda.

I'm looking at putting a feeder pole in our garden, to spare the apple trees from the deluge of birds, out of curiosity, do you know the make of the feeder pole you're using?

• Thanks Mike. I bought a few of these pole feeders from B&M bargains..were only £7.99 but now I have reduced to using just 2 pole feeders I used extra pole from other ones to make it taller! Am sure there are plenty variety out there but cheap and cheerful do the same job Wink

• Mike, I have had and still have one pole with three arms and it was not all that expensive, the other was a bought one, again cheap with two arms but the top piece rusted through so it had nowt to hold it to the pole, hubby fixed it for me by cutting a piece of wood from an old brush handle, prized it into the pole and screwed it in place, then cut a longer piece of wood and screwed that to the first piece, so in effect it was a T piece, screwed hooks on each end and job done. It is still in one piece and being used.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• No blue skies today just bitterly cold and grey...didn't stop the song thrush singing from very early doors!!!

Its been in and out the garden , flying from tree to tree singing its wee heart out all day

Also had 1 starling yesterday

Then 4 turned up today...oh they can smell fresh homemade pastry from miles away!

And this one wearing some lovely bangles!

Who said greenies were nice..."greedy greenies"

But still lovely lol

Siskins still about aswell

Rewdwings back today before being ousted by the  maggies again!

My lovely Mrs GSW

And wee mr sparra popped in

Somebody ate all goldies tea yesterday!

And cyril!

No need to worry wee goldie didn't go hungry

And that concludes another day with my garden visitors 

Stay safe, hope you are all well.