In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Wow, Linda, did you do that or did you have someone come in?!

Kind regards, Ann

• Oh we had people in to do it Ann and they took all the cuttings away aswell so a good job well done..another garden tick for this year lol

• Love those garden shots, as well as keeping me inside this cold wind has brought some different birds to us ,Long Tailed Tits and Goldcrest are quite unusual in our garden but we are quite sheltered

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thanks Pete, no wind here just the rain. I used to get LTTs in the garden daily but had been absent for quite a while recently until 1 popped in for a wee bite to eat the other day whilst the others watched on, they are one of my favourite birds. Isn't it nice to get something different visit every now and then ;-)

• I reported a few the other day on several threads, Linda. Seems they have gone now; wonder when they will be back!

As for LTTs--love 'em! We have yet to see them here this winter, but I expect they will be back. Plus, you just must be watching at the right time--they are in and out so quickly that they are easy to miss.

Kind regards, Ann

• I was lurking about and reported several of them aswell Ann...hope the won't be back any day soon!!

As for LTTs am at the windows watching every 2nd minute or so of the day lol...the finches are taken over though. Must be a mixed flock of 50 or so the now!!

Hope you get a visit from the lollipops soon ;-)

• Last wee update for this year as a really should start my Xmas shopping lol

A mixed bunch but can pick out Mr Bully ;-)

Weather been not too bad surprisingly 

A couple of pool parties 

And some that prefer a dip alone

RRB waiting his turn

And just blending in....

Mrs GSW has turned up again

Fat chops

Cheeky chops

Evasive chops! 

Redwings are soooo good at hiding!

My lovely crows

And a new member of the mafia

Well a think I shall leave it there for 2021...need to get planting for 2022 to attract much more wildlife!

Thanks all for following the progress of my garden and all its visitors. 

Best wishes for 2022

Have a safe and Happy Christmas  x

• More lovely stuff Linda....and I'm still not jealous *muttermutter mumblemumble"!!! Thanks again for sharing :o)
  • Really lovely pictures - such variety in your garden.
    I especially love the Goldfinches bathing!

All the best

Tony
  • A good selection there Linda, and if we don't see you on here, (I'm sure you'll be popping in) have a good Christmas