In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Gaynor...nice of wee crestie to brighten your day...so tiny so cute

This is a good look lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• This is just not fair, Linda. No wonder my garden is empty of birds coz they are all in yours. Lovely shots said he through gritted teeth.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• More brilliant photos Linda, and I love the bullfinch, he's a charmer.

• Now, Linda, don't be greedy; please send a few of your spares to the rest of us! Surely you don't need all of them for your Big Garden Bird Watch and I'd love a Bullfinch to include on our list. There is probably just enough time to post a few out to us envious folk down here in the south.

And, TJ, while we are thinking about it, please could you give us a few tips about how you initially persuaded the first Red Kite to land in the trees in your back garden. There are now a couple RKs regularly soaring over the trees along the canal, only the short distance of two gardens and a street away from us, behind our house. Would love to have one of those on our BGBW list this year, too--lol!

Kind regards, Ann

• And the pictures continue, now a Bully!! Ah dinna Ken, as you wid say! Nice picture by the way.

Now Ann, who is being greedy now, you only want a RED KITE to land for the bird count, you are not wanting much then! we will all have to be satisfied with what we get, the normal!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lol, Catlady, sometimes if you don't ask, you don't get!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    And, TJ, while we are thinking about it, please could you give us a few tips about how you initially persuaded the first Red Kite to land in the trees in your back garden.

Cooked chicken scraps bones and all in bitesize chunks. Position them in your garden where the birds would have a clear flight path. It actually perches in a neighbour's tall conifer and swoops down as soon as he sees me. Probably shouldn't be doing it but it's recycling in the most natural way. We feed Blue Tits so what's the difference.

I don't include them in the BGBW because this is not what the RSPB are looking for.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Linda's not having my boy. He's my only trump (not Trump) card. LOL I might trade him for ten Goldcrests at least six Bullfinches and several Redwings.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream