In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Lol, you lot! Lovely pics again, Linda, thanks.
    PB, Do not despair. You, too, may eventually have a Goldcrest. In over 30 years at our previous garden, a fairly small one, we had several visits from a Goldcrest. That's about one every 10 years then. It seemed to prefer the mini suet pellets. Since April 2019 only Mr GB has seen a Goldcrest in our current garden and then only once--when it flew past him and straight into the greenhouse glass and stunned itself. But heroic Mr GB picked it up and placed it high in a bush and when he went back later it was not there, presumably having flown away. Rather than frighten it if it happened to just be coming around if I went to have a look at it, I decided to give it some peace and did not go and stare at it so never saw it. I live in hope, particularly hoping one turns up asking to be included in our Big Garden Bird Watch! Well, I say 'our' but it is normally my project. Mr GB's contribution usually is to report having seen a Golden Eagle if I happen to become distracted by some other task during the chosen time! (And I also hope the Grey Wagtail which we've both seen half a dozen times since the summer shows up to be counted as well!)

• Thanks Ann, Its not the 1st goldcrest visitor to the garden but cos they are so tiny and fast I usually never get decent pics ...always a joy to get a pic or 2. Hopefully you will have lots of lovely visitors to report on BGBW weekend.
  • 2 DAYS IN A ROW....WOOHOOOO

Heeeheeee...poor wee chap braved the wind and rain today

Short break in the bad weather

The garden was a bit quieter today but the wind was strong !

• Hi Linda, Goldcrest, are there any birds that don’t come to your garden ? It must be Christmas every day for your birds. I wonder if they use Twitter to tell other birds about your garden Lol
  • Now I'M jealous!!!!! Two days on the trot. I had a few lollipops in but they spotted me and departed quickly, but that was the best I could do. Might have to resort to stoneware :-) :-)
  • LOL ILR...eh aye there are a few ....my count stands at 31 so far for different bird visitors..its about time it grew a little lol.I think the pigeons must be in twitter spreading the word lol
  • LOL , now now Gaynor you have RED lol wee cresty was probably always there just looking for my attention, i think he realised that he had to slow down a bit to get it though Wink
    Now dont get jealous but I have actually been a couple of feet away from my lollipops before, I bent down to fill the feeder and the all just landed lol
  • Wonderful that you had a Goldcrest two days in a row, Linda. Now that it knows about your garden I imagine it may be back regularly. You have so many birds visiting your garden that you must be the only one feeding them within miles. Or do you sneak out at night and nick any other feeders which other folk might have put up, following your excellent example?!

• Thanks Ann , yes it is wonderful keeps me busy lol Jenny wren is another who needs to slow down as she dances the quickstep on the decking every day but then ends up under the furniture just as I get her in focus lol...I think am probably the only one feeding them but like your idea should any start feeding them Wink