In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Looks like that one lonely Mr Sparrow went hame and telt all his family to come for tea today!

Wasnt me..honest..they just kinda...followed me! ..what....All 10 of them???

oh then the lollipops stopped by ....

always a lovely sound and sight

and then Mr Siskin sneaked in...trying to blend in but i noticed just in time

but he wouldnt look at the camera! aww

Had 1 starling and now 2...better no be loads tomorrow or am in trouble...again Hushed

usuall party on the ground while all were above on the feeders

The big fella wasnt happy with all the  tweeting...and came down to investigate

Well that was a very busy day indeed..Hope that siskin comes back for a better picWink

• Wow, I don't think I've ever had ONE Starling in the garden. It's either loads or none! Grin Great to get the Siskin though. So far, I'm not seeing any this winter.

Nige   Flickr

• Brilliant again Linda you must provide everything a bird could ever want looking at the number of birds and variety you get in your fabulous garden. Christmas is coming but it is Christmas every day for your birds Linda.
  • Mutter mutter mumble mumble bleedin show off mutter. :o) I think the last time I saw a siskin I was vaguely up your neck of the woods, Linda, we had a cottage on the shore of Loch Linnhe for a week. Absolutely fabulous holiday, except for the narrow roads with alleged passing places lol Another wonderful selection
  • I can do without the loads of Starlings again thanksHushed Loads of most other birds most welcome Wink Hopefully siskin will be back and bring a few friends for some good pics for me...yeah ano am greedy Joy

• Thanks ILR...either that or rest of the neighbours are not wildlife friendly people Hushed
    Its xmas every day for me when my birdies come back. I would happily spend xmas day sitting in the garden with the birds rather than with my head in the oven cooking one !Hushed

• That’s a lovely thing to say Linda, and although we have never met I know you mean every word
  • Thanks PB
    Och thats half way between me and Catlady...looks a lovely place though. Who needs to travel when I have my very own Loch Linda in the garden Joy

• Brilliant photos again Linda, and I think you may have our lollipops, we haven't seen them for around a week.....

As for the crow, don't you just love the gentile way they come in to the garden.

• Thanks Mike...Sorry if you Lollipops have gone AWOL...not guilty Wink

I do love how the crows sound fierce when they are up in the trees giving it laldy but when they come down to the garden they are spooked by the least wee thing