In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Another great collection of photos of your lovely visitors, Linda--thanks. Love the Long Tailed Tits, they are such sweeties. Nice group of Finches, too. As for Squirrels and plums--about a month ago we noticed the Squirrels here were stealing our plums and we only have a small tree, so small, it is still in a pot. We then had to pick the last few before they were ripe to prevent the Squirrels having those as well! We did get some and they were very nice. Must be a different sort of plum than yours--lol! Did you get any? At least the Squirrels haven't yet noticed the tomatoes in the greenhouse. As the temperatures drop we won't have to leave the door open any more, thank goodness.
  • Am very impressed with your great variety for birds to pose on, makes for lovely natural pics ... & what a fabulous amount of birds choosing your garden to show off in!

• Good to see all the activity in your lovely garden Linda, goes to show that all your hard work to provide for wildlife pays off big time. Love the lollipops especially but nice to see a wide range of garden birds.
  • Thanks Gaynor
    Not all my trees lol some beyond the fence....just bad camera angle!! But yes the dark green ones are needing a good trim......one day lol
    Not sern greenies or goldies for a while so that was nice
  • Thanks Ann, I dont actually have any fruit trees..,yet !!!.... it was just one that I cut up and put out for the wildlife .....mmm lovely home grown tomatoes....the temperature certainly dropped last night...-5 in the highlands!!
  • Thanks Wendy...I think moving the twisted willows over next to the feeder was a good decision as the birds love jumping about them and makesa good background for pics
  • Thanks Hazel...hard work never ends...starded on the front garden now lol
  • Lovely Linda, cutie lolly pops and the squirrel with the plum, Awww! They are still coming to feed now that is getting colder they will need some stocking up. Grass at the side and along the tops of the fence was white with frost this morning, had to get the de icer out (for the car that is)! not to say my hands were cold, had to get the leather gloves on and the car heating on full blast to hot, not been there for a while, had been sitting on cool/air conditioning!!

• Thanks Catlady....The little coaltits are burying their food all over the garden....It was 3° here at midnight as I had to go out and pick my daughter up from work...winter coat was on!!! ....LOL that will be the last it will be on cool/aircon til next year lol
  • Looking at your temperatures from Scotland, Linda and Catlady, it seems that autumn has set in with a vengeance oop north! At midnight here in the balmy south (40 miles west -southwest of London, on the Surrey/Hants border) it is 7C outside, and the heating came on in the house this evening. Not looking forward to the winter.  Still hoping for a week or two of warm weather in October; it has happened a few times before in our over-30-years in this area (she said with fingers crossed).