In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Best of both worlds Nige..shower and bath in one! They may not be bothered by the damp weather by I sure am! Cry
  • But you've got green grass!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely pics as well Linda.
  • Long green grass!!!! eh well I accidently ran over a rock and bent the blade...ooopsies...well my year wouldnt be complete without buying a new mower...I did tell my other half he would have been cheaper getting me that sit on one I wanted years ago!!

Thanks Tony
  • Your garden is looking lovely even in all that rain Linda, don't worry, the plants will probably love it!! just think of all lthat watering you won;t have to do:-)
    Love the pics of the little Robin, soooo cute when all fluffed up like that. Mrs BB looking good too, I had a male blackbird coming in the shed today to pinch Titch's pastry and mealworm, I walked out the kitchen door to catch him just coming in, what a scurry he made only to sit outside then looking at me through the window asking for the raisins to be thrown, which being daft, I did:-)
  • Thanks Gaynor...Yes thats true..certainly saved me getting the hose out!
    How cheeky of Mr BB trying to get Titch's food..Nice to see you doing as your told by MR Blackbird...how could you not Blush
  • Good to see the birds braving the adverse weather.

• So the garden has been very quiet lately until today

Bluetits and great tits decided to all decend into the conifers

Only this one sat out for a picture

All 3 nest boxes got inspected aswell!!!

was it just looking for some beasties I wonder..no idea what it came out with

Mr BB needing a bath me thinks

or just more worms

Mrs BB soaking up some sun...ahhh

Dunnock opting for the fence post to sunbathe on

Handsome RRB

rather bald maggie not wanting to be photographed

better looking maggies

And then all of a sudden the gulls were going mad as 6 raptors..guessing buzzards were all above me enjoying themselves

only managed 4 in one pic though as they were prettyhigh up but could still hear their calls

And after all the birds I finally got my blade replaced on my lawnmower so it was back to grass cutting for me to finish off my lovely day in the sun.

Hope you enjoyed another day in my garden

Stay safe

• What a lovely set Linda, lucky you still, with all that in your garden :o) We had a pair of goldfinch and a robin back last night, that we'd not seen for a couple of weeks, other than that just sparros and starlings. Even Mr and Mrs BB seem to have gone :o(
  • Nice to see some more activity in the garden Linda. Lovely photos. We had a cracking day up here yesterday, so like you spent it strimming and cutting grass!! Going to be good again today (not the hot temps like down in England, but high teens) comfortable to be out in, so going to get out again soon. The sun is shining as I type!
  • Lovely update Linda, good to see not only the garden bird variety but also the buzzards soaring overhead.