In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• I am just being greedy Gaynor as I already have one that enjoys several baths a day lol...fingers crossed for you and Titch...I love the sound of the babies crying out for food ..so sweet compared to the Starlings lol

• Lovely pics Linda, my Robin still calling several times a day for waxworms but only gets them twice ... taking them off to feed youngsters but not near me ... much as I would love to see one or two I do worry about the marauding cats!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Great shots.....I do love a Song Thrush. Haven't see any Song Thrush or Robin babies yet, must be late developers.
  • Thanks Wendy, fingers crossed a baby or 2 pays you a flying visit without any cats noticing.

• Thanks David, maybe they sneak in when your not looking, infact you have plenty variet , your just being greedy now...how a about baby robin in exchange for a green woodpecker and that stunning red kite lol

• Lovely updates Linda, the Song Thrush is a lovely bird, we have had one this year collecting food in the garden but she has nested next door. Have on the odd occasion seen one but this is the first time she has been about to nest. The pigeon looks nice in the wild circle! Hope the wee baby Tit got up to the feeder. Hope all is well with the neighbours?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks Catlady..ain't that always the way, we feed them but they choose to nest elsewhere lol. The baby tit figured it out eventually!..All quiet now as we no longer speak to either neighbour. I think that's for the best...The wild circle is certainly looking better with all the rain its growing well.

• A great variety of birds you get in your garden, Linda. I haven't seen any young Robins or Blackbirds in the garden this year. I think the hot dry May made it difficult to find food in my hard baked lawn.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Tony. With having lots of new plants that needed watered in I ended up soaking the lawn every morning and night so I guess that helped mines a little..I must get an outside tap one day to make life a little easier!

• More lovely snaps of your garden birds, Linda--thanks! For what its worth, I'd like to see all of your garden pics, day and night time ones as well, all on this thread! (Means I only have to find one garden thread of yours--not 2--lol! And that is if you do not count your squirrel antics thread and...I already am too far behind in reading the growing list of everyone's threads!)

Kind regards, Ann