In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Just a mixture of garden visitors from yesterday and today....(should mention I have been playing about with the camera settings thanks to Mikes help)

Am sure you shall be able to tell which is which....yesterday was sunny ...today its drizzle!

Mrs GSW from behind

Mr GSW blinking in disgust of me constantly taking pics of him

Even turns away!....

3rd time lucky!!!!

Other goldfinch was hiding 

Oh little sparrow came back to visit...not seen any of them for about a week

Secret Agent Dunnock!

then enjoying its sunny shower

chaffi has turn too

And finally woody has a message for you.....

Stay safe, stay well...stay at home

• Linda257 said:

Just a mixture of garden visitors from yesterday and today....(should mention I have been playing about with the camera settings thanks to Mikes help)

And having fun I hope.....  Grin

• Absolutely Mike but then I forget what settings I had it! lol

• Linda257 said:

Absolutely Mike but then I forget what settings I had it! lol

That shouldn't a problem, if you're keeping any photos on the PC, then the folder they're kept in will have just about all the info you need. The following is for Windows based operating system, though I guess Mac will have something similar.

Open the folder, then on the "View" tab, select "Details"

Then, RIGHT CLICK the mouse over "Name"

That will bring a menu up, where you can select the options displayed, or, at the bottom of that menu, select "More", and that will bring up ALL the available options, as you will see in the next image.

Most of the ones I use, you will see checked in the next menu on the next image.

Have a look, explore and play, so long as you don't hit DELETE, you'll be fine.

If you've any doubt, copy and paste the folder and play with the copied folder, then whatever you do, the originals are untouched.

• Never too late to be educated Mike...Thanking you once again...You will make a photographer out of me yet! Laughing

• Been chasing this wee wren round the garden for days....paid off in the end or I maybe am getting better with the camera! lol

even caught him on the fence ...curtseying pehaps!

It was a day of head turns!

Then some crazy wings

best for last.....

Hope you are all safe and well.

• Like your head turners Linda. Can't believe this weather, aren't we lucky.

Lot to learn

• Lovely pictures, good to get the Sparrowhawk, they are usually pretty well hidden.
  • gaynorsl said:
    Like your head turners Linda. Can't believe this weather, aren't we lucky.

Thank Gaynor

I dont think we are getting the same weather up here as you are Gaynor as I was just about to go out a walk last night after dinner and the heavens opened! Was still damp and drizzle this morning but did eventually brighten up enough for me to plant some more delights I managed to acquire!

• Thanks David...sometimes I wish the Sprawks were hidden but I think they deliberately chase pigeons and stun them off my windows to give me and the pigeons the fright of our lives lol....havent seen them for a few weeks now so hopefully they are busy sitting on some eggs!