In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Its about to get another injection of colour Gaynor as was back buying more today and just so happens all plants and trees were half price! So had to go twice as was closing tonight. Feels so much more satisfying when you get a bargain.

Well done you and your bucket full...hope you switched arms to keep them the same length lol

When I came back from my second run my next door neighbour was out and saying how well the garden was coming along before she started moaning how she wouldnt be able to sit out in her patio area in the summer because of all the bird droppings and it was because of where my feeder are in the garden! I cant help which flight path the bird chooses but I said they can easily be moved as they are all on poles...just wait until I plant the bamboo along the fence, she wont be able to see in then lol
  • You can't please everyone Linda, it can be hard with a difficult neighbour.
  • She just likes a moan lol , I powerwashed all her slabs and driveway for her last year. Oh its really her thats to blame as she throws food over the fence into nomans land between her and the school...my birds are all trained to poop on the school kids lol
  • I got so excited today I nearly dropped the camera....

as I saw something in the garden that had been absent for the past 3 years!

A male Greenfinch

And then the female pops out the tree....I used to get lots of them in the garden and missed seeing them very much!

Hope they come back soon

And to add to my excitement my song thrush had a bath!!!

Looking a wee tad angry!

And out again

Mr & Mrs C

And to finish ...2 for joy! (managed to cut out the other 10! lol)

• The Greenfinches are lovely, I have only one or two visiting these days, they took a big knock I think with their own virus didn't they, good to see them make a comeback. Jealous of the Thrush coming for a bath, and probably enjoying the softer soil where you have been planting.
  • Linda257 said:
    Its about to get another injection of colour Gaynor as was back buying more today and just so happens all plants and trees were half price! So had to go twice as was closing tonight. Feels so much more satisfying when you get a bargain.

Well done you and your bucket full...hope you switched arms to keep them the same length lol

When I came back from my second run my next door neighbour was out and saying how well the garden was coming along before she started moaning how she wouldnt be able to sit out in her patio area in the summer because of all the bird droppings and it was because of where my feeder are in the garden! I cant help which flight path the bird chooses but I said they can easily be moved as they are all on poles...just wait until I plant the bamboo along the fence, she wont be able to see in then lol

We have a similar problem here Linda, folk seem to feel their garden is their little world and only those invited are allowed, and nature should be elsewhere, which is probably why as a nation, we're too happy pushing nature out to make money.

It shows just how distanced from nature as a species we've become.

• Well maybe she will appreciate nature a bit more now Mike, she is retired and in isolation for 12 weeks with heehaw all else to do!
  • They sure are Gaynor, I used to love sitting outside listening to the muching away on the sunflower seeds for ages! Delighted to see them back!
    Song thrush is akways a lovely sight but to see it on the pond...wow
  • Late up this morning...it was the squirrel eating from the window feeder that woke me. Tap tap tap against the window.

Garden was pretty quiet but colourful with my lovely new plants then I saw something on top of the fence....camera....zoom in...

Seriously....looks like my neighbour is taking action rather than just a moan!

Robin took no notice...

new assault course for the squirrel...

My anger didnt last long as I sat all the bamboo to be planted against the fence and moved my feeders a little 

I think Mr BB and Mrs GSW were chatting about the changes (no a bloody gain!)

can you see me now?...nice bamboo

GT eating a piece of suet.....

Darn it I dropped it.....

Thats all for today..I dread to think what am gonna wake up and find tomorrow!

• Drat, some people......, I had a cat from next door taking the birds tag lag, the neighbour told me to get a water pistol etc., I looked at the spikes in a garden centre and they were so vicious I just couldn't use them, so water pistol is always fully loaded, no use though, she runs but always returns. Bring back my lurchers, the cats didn't dare enter then!! Back to your hassle, good idea to move the feeders if you can but you won't stop the birds flying over her garden. Hope you can settle it all without too much falling out.
    I've got some pics of Greenies that visited today, will post them tomorrow now.