In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• My poor wee garden visitors will be getting fedup of me being out digging but its all for their benefit in the long run...at least I let them have breakfast before I started!

Mr & Mrs RRB

Mr & Mrs GSW

Then one of many starling invasions.......

Fast forward a few hours of digging and planting...Time for lunch for me and the birds

They GS Woodpeckers are back feeding 

And MR and MRS WP have a waddle round the pond then Mr takes the plundge...

Mrs thinks looking good...room for a little one....

Am coming in....

Isnt it nice having a lunchtime soak together....

Am out of here...Cant even get peace to have bath!

I will dry up here darling so you can see me...

They have had their fun and I needed to get back out......all done for now

Oh and this guy is windering where he is gonna get his next meal as there are no kids in the school!

Well thats plenty from me and my very long day but so nice to get some colour and aromas in the garden.

Take care everyone

• lovely photo captures Linda, what a beautiful garden and luxury resort with all you can eat buffet for the birds !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazel, slowly getting there but enjoying it all the same. Yes my wildlife are spoilt but then they spoil me with their antics .
    Never a dull day

• Just love that pic of the two woodies bathing, they are so huge when fluffed up. Your garden is coming on very well Linda, I need compost now and we're not allowed out....o'h well I will bring home some mole hills when I take Sue for her walk:-)

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynors, I know they are enormous without being fluffed up at the best of times! Its nice to see them in the garden again as they usually only sit in the trees.

I need more plants and compost ....do you think they count as home and garden necessities Wink

Fill your pockets and a rucksack with mole hills...extra exercise! Laughing

• Linda257 said:

My poor wee garden visitors will be getting fedup of me being out digging but its all for their benefit in the long run...at least I let them have breakfast before I started!

I think you'll find the birds are loving the fact the ground is being disturbed, all t hose wee insects unearthed, making their protein supplements easier to find....

I've got to ask, the red shrub  in the above photos, is that a Red Robin (I'm not that clever, but Google helped, the Latin name: Photinia x fraseri)?

• Well am not so sure about unearthing anything other than bricks, huge tree roots and bits of metal...only saw 2 worms ...thats how bad my ground is Mike.

The red shrub is actually Heavenly Bamboo(Nardina Domestica) , I have seen the red robin that you have spoke about previously and I have it on my wish list along with a million more plants and shrubs.

• Linda257 said:
    Well am not so sure about unearthing anything other than bricks, huge tree roots and bits of metal...only saw 2 worms ...thats how bad my ground is Mike.

The red shrub is actually Heavenly Bamboo(Nardina Domestica) , I have seen the red robin that you have spoke about previously and I have it on my wish list along with a million more plants and shrubs.

Its a lovely looking plant the Heavenly Bamboo. I had three red robin bushes planted eighteen months ago, and just like your Heavenly Bamboo, those red leaves catch the sunlight brilliantly.

• They are certainly eye catching colours and brightens up a very dull garden!

• It won't be dull for long Linda with all those lovely plants going in. I walked back today with half a bucket of soil, it was hard going but I filled a few pots and did another run so now I have pots ready for plants - sometime. My arms are just that little bit longer lol.

Lot to learn