In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks MC...always happy to share my daily delights with you all

• So today I woke up to some snow...and only a few birds

Then the guards of the garden (crows) were going nuts in the tree but I couldnt see anything...

So I head out and fill my bucket with food for the feeder and and walk to the back of my all of a sudden rather quiet garden where I get the fright of my life coming face to face with a headless pigeon and a Sparrowhawk scarpering up the trees and over the fence...so off it went and I just filled up the feeders then got my capture camera set up to hopefully catch it when it came back for its meal as I couldnt get a clear view from the window as it was behind 2 nets and under the conifers....so hours past and got some little birds in and out the garden...

Then come about 3pm and I could see movement in the distance...sorry the pictures are not great

I even crept outside down on my knees in the puddles to try get a decent picture!

and from my capture camera when it finally flew off

Hopefully thats it "fedup" for a few days so my other featherd friends can eat in peace!

• Good pics Linda, glad the Sprawk came back to finish off it's dinner, your capture camera has picked up some clear shots not sure about getting down on knees, don't think I'd have made it back up again:-)

Lot to learn

• JoyJoyJoyThanks Gaynors , I also have a hundreds of pics of nothing as the camera was attached onto the net and blowing about daft so glad I got a couple of clear shots!

• Well captured on camera Linda and also pleased to hear the Sparrowhawk returned to finish its meal. Very impressed with your efforts to bring us these photos - not sure my knees could withstand crawling too far on the ground and through puddles so well done !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazel, I felt the bird was laughing at me so I was determined not to disturb it (again) and get a clear shot. Am still young enough to crawl about the ground Laughing

• A good idea to add to an existing thread, and some brilliant photos Linda.

• Thanks Mike, Always something to amuse me in the garden if I cant get out.

• Managed to catch this little new visitor dancing about on the fence today.

Lovely little wren I believe

Sparrows getting peace to eat for a change

and BB having a splash...its there honestly!

Robin had a quick dip aswell

• Linda257 said:

Thanks Mike, Always something to amuse me in the garden if I cant get out.

You're welcome.