Butterflies & Moths 2020

• Minor success but lovely specimens ...

male Muslin Moth x 2

Hebrew Character

male Waved Umber

Here is my male Emperor, a bit damaged on one wing ... let him go!

Now I have first incumbent of the year ... a caterpillar found in my cold frame ... still to be ID'd

Seems quite content on a bed of Dandelion leaves

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• As you say, fine examples even if few!
    I saw a lovely Cinnabar today but couldn't keep up with it to get a photo!

Nige   Flickr

• Very nice Wendy, what lovely markings on the Emperor and who can resist a fluffy moth lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I used to see the Cinnibar at my local reserve which is sadly closed for the duration!
    I had a caterpillar to rear one year courtesy of a dear friend ( you know who you are), called him Jacob but he escaped & never did find him ... the caterpillar that is! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Lovely moths Wendy, will have a quick look for your caterpillar later, it's looks vaguely familier. Our weather has perked up again & so out with the camera the last few days (well for an hour).

A lovely fresh Swallowtail

& a Painted lady in the garden

Keep safe all. We'll be allowed out from monday but won't be meeting up with pals for a long time, will be nice to go bird-watching & moth trapping in the woods again though.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Lovely butterflies H ... good to hear you have freedom again!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to Noisette:

Lovely butterflies. After the bumper crop of Painted Ladies last year it will be interesting to see how many we get this year. Although it has been sunny here again, too, there seem to be fewer than before. Obviously the next lot haven't got up yet!
    Must be tempting to go completely bonkers with your new found freedom on Monday, trying to go to as many places as possible all at once!!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Noisette:

Lovely photos Hazel

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Very nice updates, as Nige says will be interesting to see what numbers we get this year; how I would love to see a Swallowtail over here in the wild like that one but too far north !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"