Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• So beautiful Hazel, the woodlands and all the open space, that will be lovely when the autumnal colours start showing. The balcony is also looking nice with your new furniture and planters.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks, Hazel, I'll be going back to admire your lovely surroundings now and then over the winter--soooo peaceful and beautiful. It is great that you have all of that nature on your doorstep. And your balcony is gorgeous, too, with elegant planters and comfy chairs.  (That is a lovely spacious balcony but you'll need more chairs out there for when the musicians turn up post-Covid--lol! Just joking!).

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks all, lots of pathways, tracks and country lanes to explore here just metres away from our new home.    

Unknown said:
    hat is a lovely spacious balcony but you'll need more chairs out there for when the musicians turn up post-Covid--lol! Just joking!

Lol Ann,  2 x Italian leather sofa's on order and we already have 6 dining chairs plus 2 other chairs and footstools and 3 kitchen bar stools on order so there will be enough seating for a whole orchestra  !!!    Not being able to play a musical instrument and only a singer like Hilda Ogden (ex Corrie),  I will have to be content providing the refreshment for when the ensemble arrives   lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• A lovely area right on your doorstep, Hazel. Lots of scope for a variety of species, you'll be discovering lots of different things for years to come. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• PimperneBloke said:
    Paul. Don't think I've seen so many Carrotbills in one pic before either!

Are you sure, how about now? :-)

An old photo, but I just couldn't let your comment slip without posting it again. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Well, Hazel, that sounds like you will have enough seating for a lovely little music group, but will all of that furniture actually fit on the balcony?!--lol!

Kind regards, Ann

• Lovely update Hazy, you are lucky with all that countryside so close to you, all that exploring to be done - exciting. Radnor lake sounds familiar, I have a feeling there is one with same name in Wales! You will become an expert on waders now then. I also approve of that fabulous balcony, when you get your orchestra give me a shout - I'll restring my violin in readiness? !!!

Lot to learn

• A few from this morning in the Peaks. Getting posted a lot I know at the moment but still making a lot of noise up there.