Kestrels in the Quarry 2020/21/breaking news 1st Oct 2022

New male who I've named Colin gave us a miss over Xmas & New Year's day so was very pleased to see him this afternoon, giving me a reason to start new thread in the hope there's some romance this year!

Grim & grey day here so light was bad for pics @ almost 15.00

Resolution in vid was a great improvement ... he looks almost too pretty to be a boy!!  Trademark ending though ... start as you mean to go on!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Another catch up of Colin's visits, two rather extended ones so only the pics for now, am still in the process of sorting out footage to upload, not a job for the heatwave!

He came on 28th July & 3rd Aug

As you can see he was here there & all over & not always being sociable, long spells of him turning his back ... but he still looks wonderful!

Up to date now with this visit to his 'man-cave' in the very strong winds of yesterday ... think he has a rat which he can't eat all of & flies off with it in talons ... love the way he looks like an intrepid hunter posing with one foot on his prey! Lol

I have left this as a feature length vid ... Gore warning!!!!!!!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• How lovely to see Colin again, in the quarry and sunshine. He was having a good old feed on that poor creature. Had to laugh when he stops now and again and looks down at it, I wonder what his is thinking!!

He is a lovely fellow and we are so privelaged to be able to see such lovely photos and videos, thanks Wendy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Good to see Colin and glad I'd just finished my dinner before settling into the feature film lol When he stood showing his feet you could really see the detail he has and all those beautiful feathers. Looked like he was eating spaghetti at one stage lol He did look like a cave man. proud of his prey with the foot on top of ratty !

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely pics of Colin in the sunshine looking gorgeous Wendy. The video made me think he wasn't very hungry as he took so long eating it with long pauses as if he was wondering whether he liked it or not!!!! He then flew away with it to stash it somewhere for later, good idea:-)

Lot to learn

• Lovely clear footage of Colin enjoying his lunch.

And the photos are nice and clear, thought I'd better add that. Wink

• Colin's really looking great Wendy. A wonderful Video!
  • When you call it his "nest hole" are you trying to convince yourself or him Stuck out tongue winking eye  

Nige   Flickr

• lol, Nigel! But I wonder--were you following Wendy's Kestrels a few years ago when there actually was an active nest in the nest hole with 2 adults and a chick/chicks?!

Kind regards, Ann

• There's only been unfulfilled hope since I've been on here. I did know though ... but had forgotten anyway.

Nige   Flickr

• Back in the dark ages of the year 2012 Nige, four fledged & for many years before that but never had decent cam then!  Went wrong in 2013 when nest abandoned in terrible weather culminating in the rescue of 'George'

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr