Kestrels in the Quarry 2020/21/breaking news 1st Oct 2022

New male who I've named Colin gave us a miss over Xmas & New Year's day so was very pleased to see him this afternoon, giving me a reason to start new thread in the hope there's some romance this year!

Grim & grey day here so light was bad for pics @ almost 15.00

Resolution in vid was a great improvement ... he looks almost too pretty to be a boy!!  Trademark ending though ... start as you mean to go on!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I can't remember who it was who joined me in claiming 5 - but... no way!

The Three:

That's not to say there's no other in behind ;) 

MrsK was on the ledge and off over the evening, leaving the eldest in charge for a while.

22:30:

She returned and stayed all night and is still there - I've just checked the live stream since taking this snap:

I ran out of time Cry

IMAGICAT

• Very active nest, no wonder you can't leave it for long Scylla. Great to see three youngsters, if not more.

Lot to learn

• I am not 100% sure, but I think that Scylla's pic from ''leaving eldest in charge'' is the mum. At 22.17 she got really spooked and charged into the nest. Then later she emerged looking very alert.

• "Eyas eats prey like a Barn Owl"

(There's a watermark "Clideo.com" as I just tried their online cropping service - it's turned out better quality than the software I currently use.  Hmm, shall I pay to have it done without watermark?  Hmm.)

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    (There's a watermark "Clideo.com" as I just tried their online cropping service - it's turned out better quality than the software I currently use.  Hmm, shall I pay to have it done without watermark?  Hmm.)

If you're looking, WENDY - it's $9 a month "cancel any time" or $6 paid for a year - but is it one of those that can keep taking yer dosh until you do cancel?  Not easy to see but NowTV caught me out for £££ so I'm wary.

16th morning - nothing spectacular but some very flappy flaps :)

IMAGICAT

• Late yesterday afternoon:

IMAGICAT

• Thanks for clideo info Scylla ... would think that the best option is to pay $99 for lifetime sub if you find watermark irksome, doesn't bother me though!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• 16th evening - and eldest slept with Mama on ledge !!!

17th

This little incident was cut off by a Windows Update this morning - so when I came across it I had to find the outcome on YT rollback and screen-capture it and it turned out to be a non-event - but I'm posting it anyway because I went to so much trouble Stuck out tongue 

IMAGICAT

• WendyBartter said:

Thanks for clideo info Scylla ... would think that the best option is to pay $99 for lifetime sub if you find watermark irksome, doesn't bother me though!

I agree and hadn't seen the lifetime option.  How often do I crop? I ask myself.  I'm trying to explore other features but never have the time !!!

EDIT - Afterthought - And have I got $99-worth of lifetime left? Smirk 

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    I'm trying to explore other features but never have the time !!!

Nor I at the mo, too much gardening to do when I can find the energy!  Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr