Bird of Prey pictures?

Is there a thread for your Bird of Prey pictures on here? I couldn't seem to find one and would love to see your pics (I don't have any - must try harder) so please share

• WendyBartter said:
    Many thanks TJ ... from foreign climes judging by roof tiles & is the prey something like Langoustine??

Not sure what the prey was, Wendy. It was well inland so possibly something like a scorpion.

I'm not sure whether you got my pathetic clue. I perhaps should have said "more is Lesser". LOL

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Good thing you told me TJ, thought it was a particularly dark pic! Lol
    Thanks for that info D, will have to carch up with Kevin's blogs!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Very grateful you found that for me D, just been reading that the European population is becoming rare ... remember watching a live webcam from Italy several years back & watching eggs hatching & chicks thriving ... albeit in Italian! Great thrill though! The link was provided by one of our original posters, name escapes me but was volunteer at Chichester Peregrines stall!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Goldfincher said:
    Unfortunately my lens broke, and sadly with a wedding to save for a replacement is just not high on the list right now. Have been enjoying all of the pictures though guys and gals

Yes, I know only too well about wedding expenses, and that was all of 27 years ago!

When I bought my first house, before I met Mrs PR, a nice little bachelor pad, I had a Minolta 7000i Dynax, probably one of the early programmable SLR's, complete with a set of program cards for the various shooting modes, sport, landscape, portrait etc, I had to sell that to cover the early mortgage costs....

Once the wedding is out of the way, then comes along the pitter patter of tiny feet, and more expense!

• You get a Buzzard flying at head height ...

... and it's against the light!!! 

Loads of parachuting spiders dispersing that day and you can see the Buzzard has picked up a few with the webs trailing from its tail

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks, Nigel, I was wondering what that was! Gorgeous bird, too. Love the light on the tips of the feathers, well, the whole bird, a bit like a cloud with a 'silver lining'.

Kind regards, Ann

• Stunning photo Nigel.

Lot to learn

• Unknown said:

It's funny that Goldfincher who encouraged us to start this thread has been conspicuously absent. However, we plough on.

This one from the archives is for Wendy. Beware, more is less in this case.LOL

Cracking photo TJ & to answer the queries on it's prey, it's almost certainly a Crayfish. The American Crayfish is expanding everywhere in inland waters, replacing the native species.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• An ancient pic my camera tramp took some time ago..

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/wildlife-questions/204686/help-to-attract-wildlife-please/1262467#1262467