So.… 3rd Day of 4

That I'm off work and Mrs PB isn't.... and it's been an unmitigated DISASTER!! Firstly there were CHORES... I had to change 2....count them TWO lightbulbs, and not only that, I had to source them too!! Secondly the weather was iffy, so I just went to the river, and thirdly, there was nowt at all to see, almost!

I walked the first part as normal (where previously otters, kingfishers, cormorant, little egret and polar bears various ducks have been seen) but there was nothing, not a sausage, not even a dozing mallard or moorhen.

I got to the weir, and could see the swans up towards the bridge, and noticed the river was about 2 feet lower than last time I was there. All of a sudden a raucous commotion high up, the other side of the river.... a poor heron was being mobbed by gulls

He looks a bit ruffled!

After 3 or 4 minutes, the gulls flew off and everything calmed down again.

I walked back down the river, along the bit that was flooded, and saw nothing but a fleeting flash of blue and orange, in tandem. Unfortunately too quick for a shot. I stood on the bank in the vicinity of 2 perches this side of the river, and 3 the far side that I know they use for about 25 minutes but all I managed was a distant perching shot of one, and one through undergrowth.

And then it started raining so I came home.

So, as I said.... an unmitigated disaster..... oh alright then, a rubbish hour Slight smile