Hoggies & Earlybirds on trailcam 2019

Absolutely amazed last night to step out front to check on moths & frogs & quite literally bump into a Hoggie ... in fact I kicked it in the dark & was good job I had my slippers on!!!

Took a couple of hasty snaps & rushed back to get some of their dried food from the store cupboard ...

Checked a while later & they had vanished ... so had the food!

Have put food out again tonight & set up trail cam ... here's hoping!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Dratted cat been poking around & eating biscuits last three nights, fortunately not many ... don't know who it belongs to either!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• That's a shame Wendy, hope the hoggie doesn't get put off.

Lot to learn

• Wasn't around last night/this morning Gaynor ... I did get growled at when I went to check for frogs around midnight but I think that was a Hoggie I must have surprised ... made me jump alright!!
    TWO Hoggies together on trailcam though ...

Some earlybirds too!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Have only seen one the past couple of nights D but who's to say it's the same one each time, they look pretty similar in size!
    Set up the see-through feeding station I used last year so that I could feed meat in jelly as well as the hoggie biscuits to deter the neighbourhood moggies ... set it up in shed doorway & hoped they would find it ... forgot to put the brick on top to weigh it down ... have done so tonight though!! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• They don't seem to have had any problems finding the generous supplies you leave for them!

Nige   Flickr

• They have another choice tonight in addition to wet food & crunchy biscuits ... moist pellets!!! Worth it to be able to have them visiting when I wondered if I'd ever see any again!

Dratted cat foiled too as he's far too big to get into feeding station ... he can only stand & sniff wistfully! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Fabulous to see the hoggies Wendy, great size too and as Alan said no quarreling. Made me laugh to hear you were growled at, they can make quite a noise when you aren't expecting to hear anything!! Glad to see you have deterred the cat:-) they get well fed enough.

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor, didn't get any new footage last night as discovered this morning had forgot to switch cam on!!! Oh no, getting old! Lol. But the food was gone as usual!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Brilliant to see and hear hoggie crunching on his biscuits ! He's not going to fit through the door soon as he certainly loves his grub lol Nice bird song, especially robin singing in the background too.

Regards, Hazel 

• All the food was gone by about three this morning aitch ... wonder if the size difference indicates male & female & maybe she will have babies???

Lots of visits all through the night but here's some footage showing the pair together ...

Maybe have to provide separate feeding stations?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr