The Young of 2019

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:

Welcome to the world of Brex-tit  little one    !!!!!

Brilliant photo Hazel.

It almost reminds me of the old cuckoo clock.....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• From the Stour in Blandford a couple of days ago, local concern because of the otters that live nearby

• _________________________________________________________________________

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Bob, We'll have a look at Chepstow tomorrow. There is also a Farmer's Market there tomorrow so '2 birds with one stone' so to speak (if such a phrase is not too crass and inappropriate under the circumstances!) Or did you mean the story a year or more ago that possibly one or both of that pair was killed somehow (shot or poisoned?) I seem to recall hearing about 2 found poisoned in the Forest of Dean a while ago.
    Apologies to All that this is off topic for the thread.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to HAZY:

Hazel, I love the little GTs! First pic: 'How long, O Lord?!...' Second pic: 'I'm starving--what took you so long with that mealworm?!' Third pic: 'Well...?!' Fourth pic: 'Help! Anybody?! My parents are trying to starve me to death!'

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    Bob, We'll have a look at Chepstow tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure you will find what you are after there.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Thanks, Bob.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Gardenbirder said:
    Hazel, I love the little GTs! First pic: 'How long, O Lord?!...' Second pic: 'I'm starving--what took you so long with that mealworm?!' Third pic: 'Well...?!' Fourth pic: 'Help! Anybody?! My parents are trying to starve me to death!'

LOL Ann,   great captions and all very apt when comparing to the photos.       I've never seen so many birds in the garden, our various tit members have had a baby boom although smaller groups generally of around 7 or 8 chicks and probably a few of those disappear within days of fledgling, however, the ones that survive look pretty healthy stock with demanding attitude when it comes to food - you can hear them throughout the day chirruping up in the tall oaks and beach trees   lol     You should see it here in the morning when the first bowls of mealworms goes out  - the birds descend from everywhere and it's like Charing Cross station as they nip in and out for supplies !    It's such a beautiful time of year, my favourite in the garden when I see all the new birdlife.   

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"