BANKSY - update 29th March

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks again kind folk,   got to say it is a thrill to see this cute little critter each day;    within five mins of putting out some food it appears and although it does run at the speed of lightening, now and again it pauses so I don't get just a furry blur.    

Nigel O said:
    Next time put the camera on something else and use the cushion for your elbows :)

lol  !   I used some of that rubber jigsaw matting to lay flat on so elbows had a thin depth of sponge to rest on  -  I think it is more the neck that suffers as you ready yourself to take the photo and staying put for half an hour -  it's all right for you youngsters   ha ha  !    

Nigel O said:
    Wonder if there will be other family members turning up

I may soon be overrun with voles and in need of a Kestrel soon as I read this .............    "Bank Voles start breeding in early spring and continue until the autumn. Up to five litters per year of three to six young can be born. Females born in the early part of the season can breed the same year".          Holy Moly  - I might have to send a live parcel to Wendy for realease  lol   !!

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Banksy came straight away for the peanuts/suet so the larder must be getting well stocked below ground !

peanuts ran out so he/she begged for more    LOL .......

too close Banksy ..............back up a little ............ !!

Banksy started digging another tunnel ............

and I think it got a case of tennis elbow .....................    !!

tons more pics but it's easy to take too many of this cutie pie   !      that will do for today, thanks for viewing.

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

All this lying down must be tiring but your doing a grand job. Banksy has a fine set of whiskers.

HAZY said:
    I may soon be overrun with voles and in need of a Kestrel soon

Where is your ambition? Put some reeds in the pond and see if you can get a Marsh Harrier to pop in. That will raise some eyebrows on the next Big Garden Bird Watch!

Where's your ambition? Put some reeds in the pond and see if you can get a Marsh Harrier to pop in. That would raise some eyebrows on Big Garden Birdwatch!

Nige   Flickr

• LOL Nigel,    maybe once I've done that I'll put up an Osprey platform too  !!      Going to have to start opening this garden reserve -   today there were bullfinches, goldfinches, goldcrests, buzzards overhead and passing geese (greylag or pinkies),   usual tit birds, wrens, robins, treecreeper, nuthatches, mallards and I was watching the tawny mining bees which seemed very busy coming out of their volcano mounds in the soil.    

Regards, Hazel 

• That's a good list Hazy, maybe warmer in your area, certainly slower up here with the wind today very much on the cold side. It's ok, I'm just jealous you are getting bullfinches and goldcrests,grrrrrr.

Lot to learn

• Loving the photos of Banksy, so is Mrs PR

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• More Banksy shots from today ..............

Regards, Hazel 

• I see my earlier reply with a quote added loads of empty space again for no reason I understand!
    He's a top model and clearly earns his own weight in peanuts every day!
    Congrats to you and Mike on the anniversary by the way.

Nige   Flickr

• All this good food is giving him a proper glossy coat Hazy:-)

Lot to learn