Beautiful Butterflies 2019

• But does it matter??? I'd be proud if someone thought my photos worth nicking. Or do you sell them too? I consider anything I put on public forum as free to all. If someone else has the get up & go to make money from them, then good on them.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:
    But does it matter??? I'd be proud if someone thought my photos worth nicking. Or do you sell them too? I consider anything I put on public forum as free to all. If someone else has the get up & go to make money from them, then good on them.

Hazel, my photos are taken purely for pleasure, not for a scoundrel to make money from.

With respect to you, and I do appreciate your comments, and the forum, that is my final comment, this is a butterfly thread, not copyright.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Sorry Mike, didn't mean to upset you, just can't get my head round it.

This is a Small White caterpillar, which managed to cross Rons ash barrier around his recently planted out cabbages & ate one clean off. He brought it in for ID so I popped it in a pot & dropped it off in a field a few miles away.

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to upset you, just can't get my head round it.

Morning Hazel,

You haven't upset me, I was a little worried I may have upset you, or one or two forum users.

We're all individual, some of us, and yes, I'm guilty as charged, have unique notions and ways. I accept your apology, and I'm sure we can move on with any concerns behind us, esp as I'm away for a few days, so I didn't want to leave any sour tastes.

Lovely caterpillar..

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Have a nice break Mike, & yes we're all different & have our little ways.

Best wishes

• Thanks Alan, we've been seeing a lot of Painted Lady's here too here & did read they were on their way to UK. I think they can track the migration on radar these days. Amazing!

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Hazel C said:
    Have a nice break Mike, & yes we're all different & have our little ways.

Thank you. 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Speckled Wood from this morning's walk,         There was a Small Skipper too but fluttered on out of camera reach before I could get a pic.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to gaynorsl:

gaynorsl said:
    Thanks Wendy, I couldn't get over the amount of butterflies I was seeing today, counted at least 30 P. Ladies on my walk, they were so fast too and rising from just in front of me. Funnily I walked this evening (before the sun set) along a lane where I thought there would be plenty of life but not a thing!!!

Even I had one Painted Lady today Gaynor, bit too high up for decent pic but got this dodgy bit of footage through window ...