Beautiful Butterflies 2018

• In reply to WendyBartter:

That's a beauty Wendy.  Durrell have just created a Butterfly house that I have not gone to investigate yet.  

C in  J

Cin J

• In reply to Germain:

Thanks CinJ ,,, whoopsy start to the day in that I've just flagged you in error ... sorry, not quite awake yet!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Speckled Wood still around enjoying a last bit of sunshine before the temperatures start to plunge tonight

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

We've still a few around too, but due to have the same cold coming down on sunday. Nice Speckled wood photo Hazy, ours don't look the same at all!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

Hi Wendy, those are such lovely portraits of monarchs! really stunning. I have not checked back here for a while and now it is Nov. 16th and snowing outside. Your photos are a balm but I am a devil of a time figuring out this new interface! :-P

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2019 DU Summaries

• In reply to CC:

Hi CC & welcome to this upgraded hell-hole ... was very fortunate to have watched this Monarch eclosing & doubly lucky to have posted the pics before CF went pearshaped .. have been trying to make sense of it since day 1 & more frustrated each time!  Snow/sleet forecast for me here middle of next week!  Brrrrrrrrr

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Goodness gracious. I am having a heck of a time finding where I left off in any of these forums. I do punch NEWEST in an effort to bring the most recent posts up first, or it kinda does it... I am not sure how this is "better"... and I guess others are finding it just as challenging. Is there a MANUAL anywhere??? :-P

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2019 DU Summaries

• In reply to CC:

Not as yet CC, having to work it out as we go ... or not, as is often the case!!  It's a mess alright & I believe most of the regular posters are now bald!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• This is the link to the 2019 thread & another years Beautiful Butterflies community.rspb.org.uk/.../beautiful-butterflies-2019

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Brilliant photos all, butterflies and moths here recently have been very conspicuous by their absence!

A couple from the River Stort, Bishops Stortford, during a recent visit to our son.

Speckled Wood

And what I think is a "heart and dart" moth.

It definitely has a small heart on each wing...

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler