Kestrels in the Quarry 2019... Just in time for Xmas!!

Two New Year Wishes ... firstly that Mr K visits tomorrow to start our year off right!

... secondly that a beautiful female appears to sweep Mr K off his feet & into that nest hole!

Thanks for all your support & encouragement during this past year ... 2018 thread here ...  https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196252/kestrels-in-the-quarry-201 

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• He sure makes quick work of the rats! Lovely to see him in the sunshine, if only a nice young lady would take his fancy!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Maybe that's just his bachelor pad where he goes for a bit of peace and to enjoy a nice quiet rat while getting away from it all!

Nige   Flickr

• No ladies, nice or otherwise, yet CL!
    Nige, my very thoughts!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Great videos Wendy, I like his new perch, we had a good view of him preening his chest from there.

Lot to learn

• He's certainly been experimenting with lots of different places to perch these past few days Gaynor, have more vids/pics from multiple visits yesterday & today to edit & upload ... not enough hours to keep up with him!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hopefully the weather will slowly improve again and entice the birds to think of Spring once more, maybe Mr. K is still waiting for a lady to pass by or maybe he is just finding a peaceful resting place as Nigel thought, either way at least we are getting to see him at his best.

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    Great videos Wendy, I like his new perch, we had a good view of him preening his chest from there.

Actually was a fourth visit on 11th March to the blossom again, it suits him so well ...

Wasn't finished with visiting either ... came back to nest hole late afternoon to eat his prey under shelter

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• gaynorsl said:
    Hopefully the weather will slowly improve again

It has been on/off quite horrendous Gaynor with another really awful day predicted for tomorrow but hopefully will see some lovely calm Spring-like weather next week ... at least Mr K has his nest hole to use ... playing catch-up on visits from past few days now ...

EDIT: such a lot to sort through, will post tomorrow now!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Lovely pics and clip Wendy; Mr K looks pretty as a picture amongst the blossom despite the gale force wind ! and glad he has a cosy nest hole to escape to during these inclement conditions. Also pleased that he is managing to find enough to eat as he sure does have a healthy appetite lol We have a pair of owls locally and it must be so hard for them to find prey during these windy and wet conditiions, however, next week it looks to be getting more settled so fingers crossed.

Regards, Hazel 

• Gorgeous pictures of Mr K sitting on the branch surrounded with blossom, he looked very content. No white blossom here yet, I keep promising myself that Spring will be sprung in the very near future!!!

Lot to learn