"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• Oh bless this little Blue Tit    !!         It had just finished a well deserved bathe on the waterfall area when I took this photo ...    It had a successful brood which fledged last week.

Regards, Hazel 

• Oh holy moly Hazel, that is one poor bedraggled looking mum or dad. A well deserved bath indeed, hopefully it will get some rest now!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Yes, but what the poor teenagers who have struggle out of bed at 11.30 in the morning … which is exactly what this juvenile Heron looks like!

Nige   Flickr

• Two contrasting photos there, one rock and roll bluey and a laid back heron - fabulous.

Lot to learn

• _________________________________________________________________________

Regards, Hazel 

• After 3 late evenings waiting for this guy to show and having no luck, I decided to go early morning instead. He was flying at 06:00 Saturday and Sunday Morning, will need to get there earlier.

• What a sight to greet you first thing in the morning :-) Gorgeous photos Paul.

Lot to learn

• Looks a fabulous area of cover for the birds Alan, weather is so unsettled at the moment and cold ! Is that 12 robins I can see hiding in the bushes waiting to ambush you ? lol

Regards, Hazel 

• So, a day off work that yet again I woke at silly o'clock, so went for a wander along the river via the golf course,

sunrise and mist

more mist

a pot of gold somewhere?

Then a flash of blue streaming along the river, a kingfisher, which of course, was waaaaaaaay too quick to snap at silly o'clock...I mean, after all, I'd only had one coffee!!

So I meandered on, and then 

all cygnets appear to be there, despite concerns of otter predation when they 1st hatched.

3 little egret, numerous mallard, a pair of (once again) very quick grey wagtails, and another flash of blue and finally, a recently fledged blue tit being fed completed my stroll.

• LOL Alan, I understand what you mean, you can't go about your walk without the little muggers attacking you !! Strangely enough, I haven't seen any robin fledglings yet although the mealies have been taken away in threes !

@ PimperneBloke, lovely photo set.

Regards, Hazel