"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• I don't mind them helping themselves Nigel, better than the flies digging into them before me!! Superb photos, haven't seen any this year so far, maybe I need to hide out under the blackberry bushes:-)

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    maybe I need to hide out under the blackberry bushes:-)

They are turning up regularly in the brambles by one hide, so perhaps you should Slight smile

Nige   Flickr

• Fantastic photos and updates everyone, the latest blackcaps are beauties Nige.

Regards, Hazel 

• A couple of young foxes playing below the local moors yesterday. Lovely to see them with the rising sun on them. One was also eating out of horse dung, not sure what that was about but I'm sure someone will.

• Thanks Alan. Yes, in a field below Blackamoor.
  • You are psychic Alan. I did wonder when you mentioned Worksop. Did you ever find the hen harrier?

Here's the little owl from Owler Bar and a couple of young deer from Blackamoor losing their spots, looked great with the early morning sun on them.

• Thanks. The little owl was next to the Peacock so possibly nesting around there. Good to meet you too, I'll be up and around a few days on and off for the rutting so may bump into you again.

• Took a quick trip out to Deeside at Connah's Quay this morning;    weather was grey, gloomy and quite windy, however, it was "great" to see the Egrets !      

One of three Great Egrets ........     (nice hair do ! )

It didn't care it was scaring the Redshanks as it bulldozed its way through   ! 

It was a grey day on the N.Welsh side of the estuary  !!  

Many more Little Egrets were around and as usual there's always one in a strop    LOL      chasing another away !

and went in pursuit ……..

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely shots of the Egrets Hazy, those large beasts must be the boss of the waterways they look so huge. Must say I haven't seen two Little Egrets together, they always seem to give each other space on the river bank, due to the in fighting maybe.

Lot to learn

• Such elegant birds both the Great and Little Egrets. You've captured some lovely images, Hazel, despite the rather dull weather.
    It's been quite a warm and sunny day down here but I suspect it's not going to last.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream