"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• I actually remembered about the survey the other day but found it to be finished before I could add to it. I've heard Tawny Owls off and on, but not too regularly, this was the first one I've seen for around 15 - 16 years. It’s nice to know they’re around.
    Staying on the subject of birds in our garden, we have a Starling who is desperately trying to attract a mate for the nest box on the end of our house. He’s been there for weeks and weeks now, flapping his wings and calling to every Starling that passes by. We’ve had a few Oystercatchers visiting the fields behind the house for a few month’s now and the wee Starling does an excellent rendition of an Oystercatcher. He also does a very convincing Yellowhammer and a few days ago I heard him doing a somewhat quiet but very distinct Lesser Black-backed Gull. Perhaps if he was to concentrate a bit more on Starling calls he may have more success in attracting a mate.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• LOL Paul, bless that little Starling, hope he finds a mate soon ! It's amazing how birds are adept at mimicking other birds. The GT is one and the Jay is another bird so good at impressions ! Normally if I hear a bird call I don't recognise 99 times out of 100 it is a GT lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Hope the Starling finds a mate soon, after all his hard work in trying to attract one.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lovely capture Bob.

Regards, Hazel 

• Fabulous Bob, there is a sense of purpose in that little face.

Lot to learn

• Another day off, another mooch around Arne Smiley

At 1st I thought Brambling but now erring towards Stonechat

Linnet possibly?

Distant Dartford Warbler

Another Stonechat?

The big question is... how do birds know the extent of your zoom, and manage to stray just beyond it's good picture limit??

• Healthiest (Fattest) youngster competition......

Grin

• _________________________________________________________________________

Regards, Hazel 

• A Blue Tit taking food to the nest.

Although you can't see the hole, it is right on the doorstep, looking around to check if anyone is watching before it goes in. Apparently, I didn't count as both parents returned several times in the few minutes while I was there.

Of course, after taking food in, you have to take waste out Slight smile

Nige   Flickr

• Brilliant sequence of photo Nige,   we also have a nest in one of our oaks;  it's always interesting to see how the adults take the long route back to the nest and wait to check for any nest watchers before they head in to feed their offspring.

Regards, Hazel