Leighton Moss 22/23/24/25/26-1-2018

Hi all, I am just getting this thread started, Its been a very long day today, got up at 4:30am and set off at 6:30am from my mates so have just had two hour in bed, so will post this one picture first of an Otter it was a long way out and even at 600mm still needed a crop, will try and get a few more up tonight but not promising :( taken from Grisedale hide now time to have something to eat.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• You never know Ann.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Great pictures of my favourite RSPB reserve the opening shot of the Otter is a smashing pose,thanks for posting and cheering up a poor day.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thank you Pete, Its damp and still dark here at the moment but it looks like we might have a nice day later so will wait a little longer before going out and hope I can get some more pictures to show.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Just heard Mike, is coming down with the Bug now so Hazel, and Mike can't make it up this time :( so will have to do this again a little later.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Seeing Friday is going to be a nice day I phoned reception up and asked if we could have the cabin for an extra night and I got a Yes!! it was not booked out so booked it for one more night for £30 or we would have had to go back home tomorrow evening come back Friday morn and booked a cabin for £24 so saves packing up and saves on fuel :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Not long got back in and the heavens have just opened how lucky was that, any way we had a very nice day at LM sunny all afternoon and got so nice pictures I hope, and we managed to see an Otter once again I will get a few pictures ready to upload when I get my connection back that will be shutting down very soon.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Sounds like a good visit so far, Jim, with otters, egrets large and small and sunshine! Sound idea to extend the stay, judging from the weather forecast.

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks, Jim, for keeping us posted and for posting such lovely photos.  Hope you are over your cough soon.  What a shame that Hazel and Mike are suffering with that dreaded thing which is going around.  Hope they get well soon (and get their money back!)  You will have to feed FM Robin for them.

Kind regards, Ann

• Its not been to bad Nige, got some picture to show now I have another 24 hour connection, looking forward to Friday it looks like sunshine all day so will be up early and call into the salt marsh first and the reserve for a little later.

Thank you Ann, my cough is getting better and so is the other Jims, sadly there is a no return policy at Pine Lake :(  and I have been feeding FMR and I hoping to get a courtship feeding tomorrow I saw a female beg for food but he was thinking more of his belly then her sadly.

I will post this now and upload some pictures just after.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Some from today.

Snipe

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group