Mainly Mammals 2018

I thought I'd get this one started for the year with a couple of likely lads that got in the fat ball container & then the lid must have fallen back after them! I think they are field (wood) mice.

I released them in the vines & ran home so they couldn't follow me! LOL

The old thread is here https://ww2.rspb.org.uk/community/wildlife/f/13609/t/193516.aspx

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• WendyBartter said:
    You will have to enlighten me please ...  don't get out much so know nothing of these???

It is a comic book series about the Gauls and Romans that originated in France a long while ago but became very popular everywhere and tended to satirise one country per book - I still think it's great. All the Gauls had silly names ending in x and Obelix (the big one) in particular loved to hunt and eat wild boar and it appeared in every book. Asterix is on the left.

(This is a free to share image)

No Wild Boar for me, but I did come across this Roe Deer buck out today

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks for explanation Nige, good to be in the know!

Is that capreolux capreolux in your pic?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    capreolux capreolux

I'm sure it would have been had I taken it in ancient Gaul :)

PS I should have said, the series is called Asterix the Gaul.

Nige   Flickr

• They also made numerous cartoon type films in France about the Gauls with Gerard Dépardieu in lead role.

Best wishes

• **Getafix begins the story living in a cave in the forest and looking much like a stereotypical caveman. He also uses a walking stick**

Sounds a lot like me only I live in mobile in quarry using tripod to get my fix of Kestrel! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:

**Getafix begins the story living in a cave in the forest and looking much like a stereotypical caveman. He also uses a walking stick**

Sounds a lot like me only I live in mobile in quarry using tripod to get my fix of Kestrel! Lol

LOL

Best wishes

• To say that the wind coming off the North Sea was cold today would be a massive understatement.!!

Sometimes it's worth it though. Very distant, but it made the cold go away for a bit. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• It was certainly brass monkey weather and well done you for venturing out when most of us were hunkering down in the central heating lol    Having said this to get that sighting of the otter was well worth your efforts and frostbite  lol   -  well from our comfortable point of view !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks, Hazel. Today was as cold as I've felt it for a long time, but as you say, well worth it. It was around 2°C but the strong wind off the sea made it feel like -10°C.!! Just exposing my thumb to focus was a task in itself.!!

My bird photos HERE

• Paul A said:
    It was around 2°C but the strong wind off the sea made it feel like -10°C.!! Just exposing my thumb to focus was a task in itself.!!

lol Paul,   it felt just as bitter here, as you say, the coldest felt for some time although I didn't have to contend with coastal conditions as you did thank goodness.    Hope you had those toasty gloves on :)    not a day to be wearing your kilt    LOL

Regards, Hazel