Amphibiens & Reptiles 2018/2019

• Thanks aitch, has morphed into a bit of a water garden out back but it's very relaxing messing around keeping them all fed & oxygenated & watching their antics, love the water plants too!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I can't decide whether it's the frog that's chilled out for not bothering to eat the cranefly… or the cranefly for sitting next to an insectivore! I still don't know why they are sitting out in the open in a garden pond, but I never see them like that on wild ponds. Do they know there aren't any predators around in your garden Wendy or what???

Nige   Flickr

• I think it's because I talk to them every day ... I say 'hello frog', oh 'hello frog' & so on x 5 ..... noooo, they don't answer!!! Rofl
    In all honesty I have no idea why mine stay & sunbathe quite often ... only have a couple of cats passing through who show no real interest ... however, Mick did rescue one from cat across the road who stalks them in long grass! I still have mainly earth around pond as it's due to be re-jigged, with shrubs & weed cover to the back for them to forage/ hide in! I feel lucky to have them!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    I think it's because I talk to them every day ... I say 'hello frog'

That must be it Still, it obviously works (or something does), so keep it up (whatever it is)!!!

Nige   Flickr

• At one of our houses we had a lovely pond in the garden near the chicken run. One day (I'm going back over 20 years now, but it sticks in my memory) we heard a bit of a squabble going on among the chickens. It was really quite ghastly with a poor frog & 4 chickens each pulling on a leg. So careful where you place it Wendy!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Oh dear H, sounds really nasty ... not changing location, merely altering orientation to enable me to reach all parts more easily for general maintenance!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Couple of my pond Frogs @ 23.55 last night

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I bet they like it when you do moth traps!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Maybe that's why they were so attentive last night ... actually set up ... watch for queries on MM later! Lol
    Certainly had Bat interest!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Last night

Big Frog

Little Frog

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr