Amphibiens & Reptiles 2018/2019

• Looks like a sandeel leaping around!!! Where are the Puffins? :-)

Lot to learn

• That's an imaginative ID Gaynor! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Nigel O said:
    The laid back frog just sat there and did nothing even if dinner was bouncing by!!

Obviously not the full shilling Nige! Lol

Do have Bush Crickets in garden, they like Hydrangeas!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Ooooh, that pesky leaf spoiled my pic ... he was sitting niclely on Lily pad til I got cam out!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Good looking creature Wendy, after all this huffing and puffing it's a wonder your pond isn't full of leaves.

Lot to learn

• Was a bit mucky with fallen bits of Cotoneaster blossom but lots came out when we cleared the algae!  Still have five frogs & two newts!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• At least you have a pond, I still haven't finished digging ours 18 months or more since we got the liner. What are my excuses, well soil too wet or too dry, too many thistles, er .........none really. It's on the list for the autumn.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Haven't gone down the route of a 'real' pond using liner yet H, just upped the size of a prefabricated one but drawback of this is no provision for a beach or bog garden although a lot easier to clean out! Big job on now to relocate the pond to a more easily reachable position so will have to use the two smaller units with Goldfish in one, Frogs & Newts in the other, plants in buckets of water & still have the baby Goldfish in their own bucket growing on so they don't get eaten!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Little Frog only half the size of Big Frog ... still have five residing in Goldfish pond, they hang around most of the day, wander out foraging during late evening & always back basking next morning ...... like old friends now! Lol

Little Frog

Big Frog

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• That's one chilled out frog LOL great pics Wendy and good luck with pond relocation.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"