Fabulous Fence Posts

The humble fence post. They're all over the place, and in my opinion, they do a good job. They keep things in and they keep things out. I like them.!!

Please feel free to post any fence post shots that you may have.

This is an example of a fence post but they do come in different shapes and sizes.

They're well worth keeping an eye on because just like me,  various other things also like fence posts.!!

Arctic Terns for example.

And Skylarks.

Meadow Pipits like them a lot.!!

So do Wheatears.

Even though this Linnet isn't actually on a fence post, he probably really likes them as well.

Snipe really like being on the ground but they're not totally against having a go on a fence post now and again.!!

Redshanks are of a similar opinion to Snipes.

This is fun.!! Really small birds also like fence posts, like this Stonechat.

Great big birds like Curlews also stand on top of fence posts sometimes.

As do colourful birds like Oystercatchers.!!

Hooded Crows take it in turns to stand on fence posts.

But Short-eared Owls like them all to themselves.

Fence posts are just great.!! You may even have one in your garden somewhere, they're well worth keeping an eye on. I might even start a fence post appreciation society.!! :-)

Parents
  • Now I, like everybody else, like a good fence post. I do, however, feel that the media frenzy and intense focus about the top of the fence post unfairly jeopardises the future of the BASE of the fence post, which, lets face it, is the unglamorous part of the job, generally just supplying support to the airy fairy arty world of the TOP of the fence post. Without careful management I feel the bases will just be left to rot and we would no longer have the sights such as the ones below...

Please, if you have a heart, join me now in campaigning for equal right s of fence post bases!!

• Now I, like everybody else, like a good fence post. I do, however, feel that the media frenzy and intense focus about the top of the fence post unfairly jeopardises the future of the BASE of the fence post, which, lets face it, is the unglamorous part of the job, generally just supplying support to the airy fairy arty world of the TOP of the fence post. Without careful management I feel the bases will just be left to rot and we would no longer have the sights such as the ones below...

Please, if you have a heart, join me now in campaigning for equal right s of fence post bases!!

Children
  • PB, I like the idea, however, why not set the thread up yourself?

It is with fellow forum users who see what they feel is an interesting topic/observation who set these threads up for all to enjoy and participate in.

These threads are interesting and can get very long if they span over a prolonged period of time. I think the only advice I would give, is make a thread for 2019, then next year, it can be 2020

I bet a lot would be more than happy to contribute

I think that could make me a member of the "BOP DE WOP OP" society.... Wink

Seriously, it's your idea, it seems to be a good idea, so go for it. Thumbsup