Mainly Mammals

• While doing some small stuff for day 7 of 30dayswild I noticed this chap/chapess wanting its photo taking.

My Flickr photos

• Great shot Alan, love the ears.

Lot to learn

• Beautiful Hare

I was lucky enough to catch this vixen earlier in the week. It had just attempted to catch a duck or a heron, failed and tried to pass it off nonchalantly!

Sadly, like the Hares at Havergate photographed by WJ, it seems animal rudeness is on the increase … and even foxes are now blowing raspberries at photographers 

Apart from that, it was a great encounter with a rather beautiful fox - I like the pale fur blending into the dark on the flanks of this individual 

Nige   Flickr

• Great photos Nige and captions, good looking fox with beautiful eyes.

Lot to learn

• such lovely photos everyone;
    @ Nigel, the vixen looks quite underweight so a pity she didn't catch any prey but she is such a beautiful fox.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    Nigel, the vixen looks quite underweight so a pity she didn't catch any prey but she is such a beautiful fox.

She might be thin but I think at least some of that is due to the pose with her back arched up making it appear worse than it actually is. Plus a couple of days later two healthy cubs were spotted in the area, so they are probably hers (she has swollen mammary glands in some shots I have so I think she is a recent mother) and they are probably getting the lion's share! 

Nige   Flickr

• Hope she finds enough food to feed herself up and her cubs; we have two foxes that call in each night and are very well fed here with a range of food, so much so recently, that they are only getting two eggs each tonight ! their larder cache must be overflowing at the moment.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"